All reviews near the train station room was clean canal du minute walk air con light sleeper friendly family run hotel close walk croissants quiet street old city shuttle bus from the airport french hotel bars and restaurants stone's throw coffee machine main building
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

It was the WORST place I have ever been to with the most horrible service

I booked this hotel through booking as me and my boyfriend wanted to spend a relaxing holiday in Carcassonne

How wrong I was

After spending 2 nights there I realised I got bitten by bedbugs I literally saw it sucking my blood in the middle of the night.

How surprised I was when the owner was trying to convince me that it was just a mosquito ! She finally admited when we showed her an insect on the wall

Reaction to bedbugs can appear sometimes even a week after exposure and not everyone has reaction to it. The women told me that she we should Have come to let her know about it next day and we went on the second day ( I didnt have bites after my first night and It’s also not the first thing I would have think of, we just didn’t know yet) As it turned out I was really badly allergic to it and all my hands, arms and back were covered in red, itchy swollen bites.

My boyfriend’s reaction wasn’t that bad, he only had a few bites and the owner literally said it is my fault I’m allergic to it ! The communication with them was impossible as non of them spoke english...

The worst part was that they only moved us to another Part of the building and gave me a cheap cream from the pharmacy which obviously didn’t help at all.
No sorry, not even refund, nothing.
I believe that would be a fair thing to do as I was unable to enjoy my holiday...Instead of that they told me that they had No money because they opened the hotel just now and If I want they could give me 50 euros and I can find a place to stay somewhere else. 50 euros for 2 nights that we were supposed to spend in Carcassonne.

They were really rude with us and were trying to say that they only had bugs in one room and nobody Have ever complained about it and they are using sprays every day to prevent it
As far as I know you need to hire a company to get rid of them and and I’m sure that No spray would help

It’s been the worst holiday in my life and I was just shocked on how unhepful They were. I didn’t want to bring the bugs home so I had to throw away a lot of clothes which obviously costs money as well ...
But the worst was when we actually got back to London
After one day both me and my boyfriend started feeling sick.
I was vomiting non stop for 7 hours, my boyfriend fainted on the street, Both of us had 40 degrees fever and ended up in the hospital where we have been told that it was most likely caused by consuming a bedbug as the incubation period can take even 7 days sometimes.
I was never that sick in my entire life

I felt totalny ignored by the owners and it ruined my holiday but now it’s not just some bad allergy but it is an actual hospital trip and I’m not going to let it lie. I’m ready to take legal actions against them

Would not reccomend this place to my worst enemy

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Martyna S
sylvia r, Gérant at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Good evening,
We see that you put your blackmail in éxécution, the complete refund of your stay or one very negative comments. After 3 nights crossed(spent) in our establishment you came we by indicating us having been pricked by tiny creatures. Not knowing exactly, and as a safety precaution we outclassed you for 2 remaining nights. We then fetched a cream in the pharmacy on duty, on your demand(request),one Sunday, according to the pharmacist you would have been able to have been pricked somewhere else. During the summer season and until now, we had no other cases as yours, we are sorry for you.Even if the dialogue was a little complicated because of the language(tongue), we are not irritate, sums(naps) always courteous and pleasant(kind) rests. We do not blame you even if you criticized everything, and we wish all the best to you.
Very cordially Sylvia et Ludovic

Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in August and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is good value for money with a terrific location near the railway station and just a stone's throw from the Canal du Midi. The room was spotless and the breakfast was generous. You can hire bicycles from the hotel (which we did) and enjoyed a fabulous day cycling along the Canal. On one of the other days, we were setting off on a long hike cross-country and we asked at short notice for a picnic which Severine kindly organised for us. She and Marc give a warm welcome to visitors and in short, this is somewhere I would definitely stay again if visiting Carcassonne.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I emailed the Hotel Astoria explaining that I would be arriving and leaving via train and just needed a place to leave my bag for the day in Carcassone. Marc replied swiftly and told me atht it is possible to leave your luggage from 7 am to 7 pm for 2€ / bag. Swift and efficient drop off and collection.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KerryGirl_14
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We stayed here for one night - we wanted somewhere close to the station and accessible by the airport bus, which it is. We had a nice welcome. Our accommodation was in the annex, which isn't terribly prepossessing. I think we'd rather have had a room in the main hotel which looks more characterful. Even so our room (which overlooked a kind of builders' yard rather than the side street) was clean, quiet and comfortable - and it had air conditioning too which was a real bonus. The bathroom was a bit pokey, with very basic toiletries and towels. We paid about 70 euros for the two of us, including a reasonable breakfast. We'd judge our stay as okay, rather than memorable.

Room tip: Check whether you'll be in the main hotel or the annex.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We were very happy with our stay at the Astoria, which is close to the rail station, convenient for shops, bars and restaurants, also almost beside the Canal, and a 20 minute walk up to the old Cite. Given the remarkably good value price, it isn't a luxury hotel, but the beds were comfortable, the room spotless, the shower efficient, wifi was free, although not fast, and the air-con a marvel, given that temperatures hit 35 while we were there. We were in the annex, which is a rather spartan-looking building and my guess is that the main building might have felt more typical of a French hotel. There was some building work going on, but it didn't significantly inconvenience us. The road outside, even though a side-street, was noisy enough to disturb a light sleeper. The manager and other staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with friends