“Great”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Try the Cassoulet a local speciality. One of the best around.
Lovely husband and wife team, in the centre of town, easy to find being opposite the theatre and near the town gate.
Clean and typically French.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Mid-week early evening supper , friendly , welcoming, clean , roomy and pleasant restaurant . 5 metres from the theatre heading into Place Carnot. Good location. Parking available close by and it's free and easy to access. We chose the 3 course menu at €21 which was good value offering duck , cassoulet , fish , foie gras , steak , desserts and cafe gourmand , a fair choice for everyone. Litre pichets of regional red wine were good quality , so we had two and kept the budget on course . Staff / service was good but the food was a wee bit pedestrian...Kind of "mid-weekish". An OK average result but could do better with a little more inspiration in the kitchen... but at €25 per head , no complaints on vfm . Will return once more later in the year to see if it was just one of those nights.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This seems to be a pre-theatre restaurant. Service was OK, friendly staff who were quite helpful.
I had the cassoulet (have to try it at least once!) and my Mum had a goats cheese salad (the only vegetarian option really). The food was good and was served with bread. Wine was good too. But the star of the show was the trio of desserts. Amazing!
All in all a nice enough restaurant and I would go again.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We found this restaurant by chance, wandering the streets of Carcassonne in mid-October on the last evening of our holiday. Most restaurants were closed or empty, but in contrast La Comedie was nearly full at 7pm, so we decided to try it.
Staff were great … friendly and helpful, and not at all impatient with our queries about the various dishes.
Food was beautifully prepared and presented, and was plentiful. The pichet of house rosé was delicious, and we were pleased to find that the bar had a fine Calvados to cap the meal.

Thank you for a delightful fin-de-vacance meal in the Midi !

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a superb cafe. The interior red decor may not be to everyones taste but I liked it. This howevr would be the only concern, other than the beer beeing kronenbourg (nothing wrong with that) rather than Pelforth. There in end the issues. The staff are extreemly friendly and welcoming. Their english is better than my french, make the effort though, its always appreciated(not just here). We were in town for four nights and ate in a couple of other places,which while fine were not really worth of review, we called in for a drink on our way up to the medieval city and were made so welcome we decided to come back later to eat. Very good decision. On the first night I was a little conservative an had steak, which was large and excelent. Her good self had pasta of some description, I forget no criticism of the cafe, (to much pelfoth and kronenbourg, LOL), which was also excelent.. We revisited on the following night. Herself had the steak this time ( just remember that (everywhere) the French degrees of cooking are at least one grade less than the english if you ask for rare in england ask for medium rare in france), again excelent. I had the duck breast, this was truely unbelievable!!! Cross cut and cooked like a steak, this was truely superb. No indication of fattyness, which can be a common problem with poorly cooked duck. The size of the meat leads to the title of this review, it was potentialy enough for two, with a duplication of the sides. I manageded it myself however (LOL).
I can give this establishment no higher review to to say that if i lived in carcassone, that this would be my local (discussions on keeping the standard kronengburg but replacing the 1664 with Pelforfth would ensue)Truly an exceptional establishment of its kind. If in carcasoone, go in!!!
Family friendly. Also if you just go in for a drink, beware, the free pretzels given to you are seriously moorish.