“Sun Tours a very good Choice”
Review of Sun Tour

Sun Tour
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Carcassonne
More attraction details
Owner description: Surprising sightseeing tours from carcassonne, service doors to doors, in minivans 9 seats, air conditionned. Along the Cathar's road, for a day trip, discover the castles of queribus and peyrepertuse. Guided tour for day or half day in english, french, spanish and italien.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
St Neots, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Sun Tours a very good Choice”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked 4 tours with Sun tours run by Antoine who was an exceptional guide, very informative and friendly, he spoke fluent English. We never felt hurried or rushed, he would show us particular things of interest answering our many questions and then let us have enough time to wander by ourselves, he took us to places we would never have gone to, was always on time to pick us up and gave us one of the best tours we've been on mainly because it was just us and therefore were not herded and rushed about as with large tour companies.

Visited September 2013

London
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Highly recommend the Lastours trip”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We chose the Lastours trip because it was easy to get to and only an afternoon. Antoine picked us up from our accommodation, and was very knowledgeable about the region and the Minervois vineyards. He waited for 2 hours while we scrambled up to the 4 Cathar castles. These are ruins but very atmospheric and the views are wonderful. But you do need to be reasonably fit and have firm footwear. He then drives to a viewing point which gives a fantastic view of all 4 castles and you think, did we really go up there?! You could easily do this trip yourself if you have transportation but being without a car this suited us fine and we enjoyed Antoine's company and the tour of the countryside. If we were staying longer, we would have definitely gone on one of his other trips.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank visitortothelakes
Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tours”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Antoine was an amazing tour guild and had so much information on the region. We got restaurant tips while staying in Carcassonne. I would recommend his services to anyone staying in the Carcassonne region. We took 2 of his tours. Michelle

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michelle C
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great company and fantastic service”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Met Antoine at the Carcassonne airport , the transfer having been arranged by my travel agent sight unseen. What a find! I was staying in the old city and had overlooked arranging for the hotel to meet me at the city gates so Antoine arranged this for me without me even asking him to. At the end of my few days in Carcassonne, Antoine provided my friends and I with a transfer to Castelnaudary where we were to pick up a boat. While in Carcassonne I did the Chateux of the Cathares tour organised by Sun Tours. What a great day. Antoine's very knowledgeable and well-timed commentary was great. The atmosphere in the air conditioned van was relaxed and on such a hot day his foresight in bringing plenty of bottles of water was so welcome. I agree with other reviews - Antoine is a wonderful host who is a fantastic advertisement for Carcassonne. His love for his area is infectious.

I could not recommend his company highly enough. I have given his direct contact details to my travel agent with the recommendation that she use Sun Tours whenever she can.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Cosmo997
toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great time.”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We really enjoyed the tour. Antoine is a great guy to spend a day with and has an excellent knowledge of the area. The castles he chose to visit were spectacular and the village where we lunched was beautiful. And his vehicle has air-conditioning!

Visited July 2013