“belle epoque hotel”

Hotel Soleil Terminus
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Carcassonne Center
Reviewed 13 October 2009

It might not be the ideal hotel for everyone, however, i think it is great. It is typically belle epoque with a wonderful entrance and staircase. The rooms we were allocated were rather tired yet had great views of the canal du midi and the local area. We found the greatest problem to be at breakfast when a large group were passing through. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who was not looking for all the standards of the latest international type modern hotels. It is also adjacent to the station and the canal du midi, and less than 5 minutes from place carnot in the centre of the bastide st louis.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 13 October 2009

We stayed here October 2009. Five us in total with two rooms between us. The youngest member of was party was 7 years old and she stayed free of charge in our room which had a double and a single bed. The other room was a slightly smaller room with a double , but decorated to the same standard. Having read all of the reviews, we left the grand foyer and staircase and went upstairs fearing the worst. Sorry to dissapoint everyone, but the hotel we found upstairs was not at all flattered by the grand hall. Both of our rooms were absolutely fine and very comfortable.
We stayed room only as we didn't figure that 10 Euros each was great value for breakfast. We crossed the street to the Brasserie and paid 6 Euros each.
The hotel was within easy walking distance of the Cite and this is worth the visit to Carcasssonne all by itself.
We paid 32.50 Euros per adult per night and we thought this was absolutley fair for the accomodation we had.
Would go back in a minute and would recommend it to anyone.

The AGGLO Bus form the airport has its first stop directly accross the canal from the hotel and you get the bus from the very same stop on the same side on the way back. It costs 5 euros each and children go free.

If children insist on a McDonalds, there's one right accross the street.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank passportboy
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I stayed here for one night during a trip through France. The outside and lobby of this hotel make it seem like a decent place, however, it was the absolute worst hotel we stayed in during our trip. I've stayed in nicer hostels than this.

For starters, the staff was incredibly rude and not very helpful. The lights in our room required that the key be inserted into a slot in order for them to work; it would have been GREAT if someone had told us this at check in so we weren't fumblng around in the dark for half an hour. Our room faced a park and a relatively busy street. Lucky for us, the traffic died down about half an hour before street construction began, making for quite the pleasant night's sleep.

The bed. Oh lord. I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere and I had an awful time getting comfortable on this rock of a bed. If the mattress wasn't squeaking with the slightest movement, then I was disgusted by having the dirty comforter touch my body (as no sheet was provided, just the comforter) or trying to wad my pathetic excuse for a pillow up into something that might offer my head some support.

My absolute favorite part of this delighful stay came in the morning, when I noticed that a large ceiling tile had mysteriously disappeared overnight. I didn't recall hearing it move during the night (though with the noise from the traffic, I probably wouldn't have heard it), but I am thrilled to death to think that someone had taken it while I slept (and I use that term loosely). Fortunately I had the crusty comforter covering me up so whomever removed the tile and peered in on me did not get a peep show.

Do NOT eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel. The food is overpriced and borders on inedible, not to mention the service is awful and it is very dirty. We literally ate with a dirty spounge and a used Kleenex on a ledge two feet from our table. Not quite what I had in mind for French ambiance.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Scooper80
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I have stayed in many many hotels throughout the world but my god this place takes the biscuit! The lobby and grand staircare are a mere facade as to what lurks behind, mainly poor quality, tiny, pokey and smelly rooms.
Breakfast time is a bloody nightmare with very little seating area but i must say the self service is however excellent ):
Oh and if a concert is in town the windows rattle......quiet a bit!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrickomadigaaan
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 26 June 2009

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We only stayed 1 night at this hotel but we all thought it was great!!
You enter the reception to a STUNNING room that is filled with character!!!
Our room was very nice it was clean and tidy. The rooms are small but having been to other places in France, its very normal unless you want to pay some ungodly price.

They had a great breakfast serivce and its really close to the railway station, shops and theres a supermart right near by.

We also has a BEAUTIFUL view from our little balcony over looking the city and in view of the Castle in Carcassonne.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dancer08
Reviewed 22 May 2009

The Hotel du Soleil le Terminus is located close to the train station and to the beautiful downtown shopping area. My parents and I loved Carcassonne and would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was polite and helpful, the complimentary breakfast was very good and the hotel overall looked impressive. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The old, walled city is an easy walk away, so the location was truly excellent for us, because we flew into Toulouse and wanted to get around by train and on foot.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family