We booked our 5 day break at this hotel on the Internet. The siting of the hotel was stunning, with views out over the Cite and the river.
We were given room 17 the first night and although it was clean, it was very small, with hardly room for a double bed. It looked out at the back of the hotel over a small car park and a brick wall. We arrived at about 11am but weren't allowed in the room till 3pm. We complained the next day saying that this was not a 4 star room in 4 star hotel! Immediately we were given an alternative room - which must have been free all night!
The new room was excellent, at the front of the hotel, much larger, and with a small balcony looking out over the Cite. We spent a very pleasant stay there after the first night.
We didn't eat in the hotel - there are plenty of restaurants in the town (of all grades) to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hôtel DES TROIS COURONNES*** is ideally located in front of The old City of Carcassonne, at 10 minutes walking from the remparts, and 5 minutes from the town centre.- 69 rooms and 1 suite, 45 with a balcony and a panoramic view of the old city.- Panoramic restaurant on the 4th floor opened all year long- Panoramic Terrasse restaurant on the banks of the river (from april to october)- Private garage and bus park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel des Trois Couronnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Trois Couronnes Carcassonne
- Des Trois Couronnes Hotel