“Good for a laugh”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good for a laugh”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Not for small kids but for adults who don't take life too seriously it is a screech.
Very dark in there.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank fenbelle

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Scary but great fun!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

From the outside of the haunted house you might think it is an experience similar to a ghost train at a British fun fair or the haunted mansion at Disney I.e. not actually that scary. Fortunately we read some of the reviews on here before we went in so we knew that very likely this wasn't the case!

I'm not easily spooked but this place scared the pants off me. It was only me and my husband and so we got the full effect of some of the scare tactics. I can't remember the last time I screamed so much - very intense but good fun at the same time. I wouldn't take a young child in here but for older people its well worth a visit - we were buzzing after ours!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Siobhan L
Crechets, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“VERYv scary”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I thought this was to be a rubbish gimmick and a waste of money and my husband and I did not want to really do it, however our children were persistent. I am not going to say much as it will give the experience way but its is VERY scary, frightening and thrilling. Not for little kids!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank hoopBagneresDeLuchon
Carcassonne, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't waste your Euros - Too scary for little ones”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Such a disappointment! Very expensive & not well done at all.

This is not something i would usually take the children on, & I wish I had said no. When specifically asked "if it was too scary for children" there was a definite No! There are two options adult & child. We took the child version & entered with our 8 & 11 year old. A party of young French children unaccompanied were also in the group to enter with us. Our children were petrified, with no way to leave. Two children from the French group were beside themselves & cried throughout. Staff were extremely rude & really couldn't care less how the children were feeling.

Carcassonne medieval city is busy & apart from the haunted house is worth the visit.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Edwynna a
freeport NY
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Truly Scary in Some Way To All!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

A good scare is not easy t evaluate but just being n a totally dark room, not being what would appen or even wonder if everything s OK can be scary. Simply put, you are not in control and don't now what s up.
My wife and I gave it a try. We seniors at 63 loved the thing. Some was scary, some was lame, all was worth while trying. Not for those frightened of tight dark places!
They d set up two different versions another fr kids but when lights are out...it IS dark.
Want to KILL a twenty minutes ans spend a tile cash, g fr it but please,don't take little kids inside fo they WILL. Be ver scared of te dark, the very dark!

Visited June 2013