“Tasty, good prices, convenient”
Review of Au Four St. Louis

Au Four St. Louis
Ranked #18 of 344 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were staying at the Hotel de la Cite and they recommended this restaurant upon our arrival, and even made a reservation for us.

The prices were extremely reasonable, and I thought the portions were generous. It was a very charming little restaurant with friendly service. The service was a little slow (by American standards) which drove my boyfriend kind of crazy, but it didn't bother me - I love the relaxed attitude in Europe! I also appreciated the variety of the menu, since I'm a vegetarian (not always easy to deal with in France, especially a small town like Carcassonne). Oh! And we had the creme brulee, which was absolutely fantastic.

My only complaint was that there kids running through the restaurant constantly. They must have been children of the staff (or owner) because they were going through the desk drawers, running in the back, and even into the kitchen a few times. They kept slamming the front door of the restaurant, weren't exactly quiet, and it became a little bit of a distraction. We were here late at night, looking for a quiet and relaxing meal. We got great food, but not as much quiet as we were hoping for.

There are newer reviews for Au Four St. Louis

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Fresh salmon for our daughter and excellent food/coffee/dessert besides, this is a great choice in the fortified city

Reviewed 21 April 2014

On a cool April evening we elected to eat inside at this restaurant which had been recommended to us. It is very intimate and quaint. The food was of excellent quality helped no doubt by the menu being kept short but nevertheless offering something for all tastes. Service was friendly and attentive throughout.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We arrived here quite late on our first evening in Carcassonne. The Service was a little slow but friendly. The food was excellent and not expensive. The atmosphere was very good. Not being able to speak French, well just a smattering of school French, was not a problem.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The medieval cite is a tourist magnet, not surprisingly, it is a great place to visit! So we did find some of the restaurants a little touristy!
We were so lucky to find this lovely restaurant which serves excellent quality French food.
My husband ordered the mussels to start, followed by the prawns for main. I had the snails followed by the lamb, all were delicious.
The menu isn't enormous which is great because you know the food is being cooked fresh to order.
Would highly recommend but book ahead if you can while your there , you don't want to leave Carcassonne disappointed!

2  Thank Jacqueline20