“A warm welcome in a great location.”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Carcassonne
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here on a short break in Carcassonne before flying home to the UK. A tourist information assistant found the hotel for us on a booking website and as we were booking last minute the tariff was half price so we actually paid only 44 euro for the night which was brilliant. Since our return I've read a number of discouraging reviews on here which I find is normally always the case, I however have only positive comments to offer about Hotel Bristol (that could have been swayed by us paying such a low price and perhaps we were allocated one of the best rooms). One of the best points about this hotel is the location, you are literally across the road from le Gare so it's so easy to get on your way the next day by train or by shuttle bus which also has a stop right across the road - and of course you are right on the Canal du Midi a stunning sight whatever the time of day (we didn't have a view overlooking the canal as we were at the rear of the hotel but I imagine the view from the front would be magnifique). The hotel reception staff are very friendly including the gorgeous French Bulldog who sits in reception, she was so cute. Our room was large and clean as was our bathroom and we had a nice balcony overlooking a garden with a view over the rooftops of the modern side of Carcassone. We found our room very quiet at night, we were out until around 1.30am and once we closed our shutters we had no problems sleeping as our room was comfy and quiet. Check out was only 12 noon too which is always great after indulging in delectable food and wine till late in Carcassonne. All in all a lovely stay in a lovely city, I'd definately stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the rear of the hotel and we found it very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank French-Fancy36

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed four nights at this hotel as part of a Ramblers tour. We arrived on the Tuesday. The room is airy, a nice view over the canal, but therefore noisy at night, or quiet and hot if you close the windows. I needed a pillow but was surprised that the pillows in the cupboard had no pillowcases on. However, on Wednesday, someone put a pillow case on and I came back to a nicely made and comfortable bed.

On Thursday, I touched up my nails with new blue nail varnish, dashed out, and in the evening could not find the varnish again. Weird. I moved the furniture around, which revealed how dusty the carpet was. However, on Friday morning, the room had been thoroughly vacuumed and the dusty carpet looked really clean. I never found the nail varnish.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miss E H
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Myself and my wife are actually sat here in the room we booked just for one night thankfully. We chose hotel bristol because it is very close to the bus pick up point for the airport. It's supposedly a 3 star but I wouldn't even grade it at all. The staff on reception are friendly enough but that's as far as it goes. The photos on the hotel website really are not what you get. The room is a disgrace to be honest. There's no aircon and the room is so hot. The wallpaper is peeling off, the grout between the aged tiles around the bath are black with mould...I could go on but suffice to stay we'll never waste 70 euros at this establishment again..

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank languedocmatt
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We have been travelling around france for a month and have stayed in various hotels. This is meant to be a 3 star Hotel. What a joke. Where do I start? The room was dirty, bed clothes stained and sheets ripped. The bathroom that was ment to white but was black with grim. The toilet flushed for 15 mins everytime it was used, the shower dripped all the time. We were there for 2 days, and they never made our beds or got new towels. The hotel smelled like cleaning fluid and the carpets are flithy. I would not recommend anyone waste their money on staying in this horrible Hotel. The only thing i will say nice about the Hotel, was the very helpful women at the reception desk when we arrived.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cconwaycnw
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My widfe and I had a wonderful time at the Bristol. Our room overlooked the Canal Midi, and we could sit and watch the barges and boats plying up and down in the evenings while sipping wine and soaking up the atmosphere. The staff are first-class and the hotel rooms clean and comfortable. A great place for a short or slightly longer stay. I mustn't forget Venus. She's a little French bulldog who graces the entrance with a purely Gallic presence.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ugie
Reviewed 1 October 2010

passed through Carcassone for 1 night and needed somewhere to stay and this was the cheapest we found on the day. Beautiful town and the location of the hotel was very good for us being near the station.
The hotel was slightly dated but our room was spacious and clean. The only problem was the heat, im normally fine but had to sleep with a wet towel covering my entire body as it was so hot and there isn't air con.
In conclusion i wouldn't stay here again unless it was the cheapest i could find, not great value considering there's no air con however any time but summer it would be fine.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ads_213
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Our room was the most awful room,had booked double room and was given long,dull room with 3 beds,a cupboard door was hanging off the hinge,the hairdryer was in dangerous condition. Was charged 90 euros but after complaint next morning agreed to lower to 80 - big deal! Was told we had been given wrong room which didn't help matters. TIP - don't stay there and always complain immediately when something not right as you may also be given the wrong room!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple