My husband and I were planning on one night in Carcassonne and searched for the most convenient and cost effective hotel in close proximity to La Cite - we found it at Adonis La Barbacane. Not sure what these accomodations are usually, we guessed they are student residences. The front entrance where the reception is located is only open from 8am to 12pm, then 3pm to 10pm. If you arrive there between 12 & 3, it will be locked and you will have to wait on the sidewalk with your luggage until they re-open. This didn't happen to us as we arrived mid-morning, but just a tip to all those arriving later on - plan accordingly :). We couldn't check in until 3pm, but the girl at reception was very friendly and accomodating by locking up our luggage for us until check-in time. Once we were able to check in, our room was in one of the adjoining buildings. It was a two-floor room - toilet, small kitchenette and living room on main floor & sink/shower and bedroom on the second floor. It was clean and comfortable, which is all we are really concerned with, so it met our needs for the one night.
The hotel is a solid 25 minute walk from the train station (at a brisk pace) -- we had to leave very early the next morning, so had the receptionist book a cab for us the afternoon before. The cab didn't show up in the morning, so we did the marathon walk to the train station to catch our train on time. The area is dead in the morning, so catching a random cab won't happen - again, plan yourself accordingly, especially because reception doesn't open until 8am.
The hotel is around the corner from the foot access to La Cite - so it is in a very convenient location for that.
All in all, for a one night stay it was fine - longer than that, we would have probably booked in a real hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence ADONIS Carcassonne La Barbacane is pleased to welcome you in a green setting next to Carcassonne city classified as World Heritage Site by Unesco. You will discover a beautiful region with an extraordinary cultural richness. ADONIS Carcassonne La Barbacane welcomes you in one of its 70 air conditioned apartments, fully furnished and tastefully equipped to make your stay a real success. We put at your disposal: a pleasant dining room for your family breakfast, for your well-being you will have access to the area of fitness and jacuzzi, and for business meetings,an equipped meeting room is available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adonis Carcassonne - Residence la Barbacane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adonis La Barbacane Hotel Carcassonne
- La Barbacane Citea Carcassonne
- La Barbacane Citea Hotel Carcassonne