“IT's Terrible It Has Closed”
Review of Caucoliberi - CLOSED

Caucoliberi
Price range: US$19 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This great place has closed since we were in Collioure last year. It was then our favourite but has now been replaces by Les Mouettes, which is nice enough, and excellent for lunch, but not as special as this was. Sad!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by the receptionist at our hotel. The service was pleasant enough but the fish a la plancha (whiting and monkfish) first came extremely undercooked and even when done more had little taste or freshness. A very poor meal.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

If you are looking to sample the local catch, this Place is it. Nice location by the ocean, mostly tables outdoor.
We order the mixed grill, and it had at least five different fish, clams, calamari, prawns. It was cooked simply but perfectly. The fish comes in in the morning from the fishing boats.
The service was very pleasant.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I write this as someone who has NOT eaten here. My wife and I were part of a wedding party, the groom of which had booked for dinner with 28 friends at this recommended fish restaurant on the shores of Collioure. In order to be sure of hitting the right restaurant that evening we asked a waitress laying up tables outside if this was indeed the restaurant for the party (supplying the name). There was no reservation in that name we were told. So we swiftly alerted the best man who made his enquiries and was told that they had "lost their chef" so could not honour the booking. The groom arrived later to remonstrate and was told to go elsewhere and was given his Euro deposit back. He speedily managed to arrange - in peak season - tables at the Triton Restaurant along the shore, but not for 19.30 but 22.00. Hats off to the Triton for a good meal. The Cocoliberis meanwhile next door were running full with tourists; evidently their chef had been found again.
This sort of insouciant lack of professionalism is just what you need to avoid on such occasions. The wedding party took it in their stride (and were impressed with the Triton's efforts). But I cannot endorse this callously unprofessional deceit.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My wife and I ate at Cocoliberis at the recommendation of a friend who has been to Collioure several times. It is a lovely location overlooking the ocean, but needs good weather as the vast majority of the tables are outside (two days after we went it became very windy and it would not have been pleasent to sit outside). The fish was exceedingly fresh - having arrived from the market only two hours before we ate. My wife had cod and I had dabs. The style was simple, the fish delicious and the vegetables well cooked and plentiful. In fact, too plentiful for my wife who does not have a large appitite. The local wine was very drinkable. The staff were friendly and attentive.