“Comfortable”

Pullman Montpellier Centre
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Montpellier
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a well located hotel, hear the Polygone shopping centre and train station in central Montpellier. We had a nice stay - the beds are very comfortable. The reception staff are very helpful, for instance a change from a crib to a rollaway (resulting from confusion from a hotels.com booking) was accommodated quickly and without fuss. The general ambiece is very pleasant. As noted on other reviews, the rooms are average in size. We also noticed noise from the tram line outside, although there was not noise from other rooms or the corridor, so the internal sound insulation must be OK (on the other hand, perhaps staying off season there were not many other guests!). The complementary coffee and water, and wi-fi, are a reason for choosing this hotel. We did not try the breakfast due to the cost. Other bonuses are the high quality bath amenities and the NY Times.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear reatigger,
Thanks for your recent stay and comment deposit on the Tripadvisor website.
It's always a real pleasure to have this type of feedback. The best rates guarantees are on the site pullmanhotels.com.
A the Pullman Montpellier Antigone staff wish you a happy new year, and hope to see you very soon.
Best regards.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank HellholesLtd
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The room was quiet, very clean, bath amenities by Roger & Gallet.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
I got a very good deal in the superior room, which was very spatious with Nespresso machine e complimentary capsules and water.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your post on Tripadvisor.
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you and to make you feel comfortable.
We all hope to welcome you again.

Thierry Maurer

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pricey but very nice. I only got to stay one night but I enjoyed my stay very much. Staff were very helpful and the room was great.

The hotel staff were very understanding and allowed me to check out slightly later than the check out time and I was satisfied with the service. The location of the hotel is perfect - close to the centre of town (a 10 minute walk) and in a very nice district with everything you need only a stone's throw away. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear travelbugbitten03,
I am truly pleased to hear that you have enjoyed so much your experience in the Pullman Montpellier Antigone
We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. I am glad to read that you have felt it.
For your next stay can find the best prices at pullmanhotels.com
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Staff incredible; food delicious; ambiance chic; rooftop terrace and restaurant super.

Our room 702 on the 7th floor - perfect.

The whole place smacks of professionalism, attention to detail and friendliness.

Superb.

I consider this Pullman a jewel in the crown of Accor and the best , bar none, in Montpellier.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Iancar,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and tell us about your experience at our hotel.
I'm glad to know that your experience was great.
I would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again at the Pullman Montpellier Antigone.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here for 1 night recently on my way back from the South of France. Unfortunately it was a rainy day so I couldn't walk around much outside. But the hotel is situated within walking distance from the main train (TGV) station (unless you are lugging big suitcases...in which case you should take the tram). It's about a 7-10min walk, with parts of it on a slight incline. It is close enough for you to walk through the old town- in fact it is connected with Galleries Lafayette, through which you can access the rest of the town as well. Service was superb - friendly, efficient. That night, I got stuck under a heavy downpour at a cheese shop somewhere in town about a 20-min walk away from the hotel; the shop owner loaned me an umbrella and told me to leave it at the Pullman as he knew them and would collect it from them later. I did so when i reached the hotel and the staff were really happy to oblige without asking me a million follow up questions. Finally, the pool looked great on the rooftop - so my next trip will hopefully include a longer layover here and I look forward to staying with Pullman again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear virgovim,
Thanks for your recent stay and nice comment concerning the Pullman Montpellier Antigone.
I will immediately share your comment with my team. The guest experience is very important for us to improve day after day the quality.
I hope we will have the pleasure to see you very soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had not stayed on one of these hotels before, and didn't understand the Pullman reference until we got in the room. It is a perfect rectangle, could be on a cruise ship, and although they upgraded us to a larger room free, it was tiny. However, it was the most efficiently designed tiny room I have rented. It lacked nothing, and was perfectly clean and comfortable. Suitcases went under desks, walls seperating the shower and sink from the bedroom slide away and disappear, the flat screen TV and Wifi were of good quality. The reception and common areas were modern and lovely, and the restaurant was fantastic, if a bit expensive. 25 euros for breakfast always makes me dizzy. Overall, I was impressed, especially at the rate.

Room Tip: Get the biggest room you can.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Runsailwrite,
Thanks for your recent stay at the Pullman Montpellier Antigone, I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your first Pullman experience.
All our room sized 25 sqm, if you need more space you can book our suites next time with 50 sqm. For the breakfast, if you book at pullmanhotels.com the rate is 20 €, we have also the continental breakfast at 13 €.