Hotel Colisee Verdun
US$529
US$489
US$142
US$95
Grand Hotel Du Midi(Montpellier)
US$147
US$87
Travelocity
US$123
US$111
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed one night between train journeys. Staff were courteous and very helpful. Room with bathroom but no toilet was quite adequate, with comfortable bed, flatscreen TV and wifi. Good value for money. Would choose again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here for two nights, woke up with an enormous amount of bed bug bites all over my body. When I complained about this, the staff were not helpful and did not take it seriously. I had to see a medical doctor for the bites since they started to infect. When I made an official complaint, asking for some assistance or at least my money back, the owner was very rude, insisted that I had not mentioned the bed bugs to her staff, and that there was no way they could have bed bugs. I had to spend a lot of time and mnoey cleaning all my stuff and taking antibiotics to cure from the bites, and there was not even an apology. Expect bed bugs and rude treatment. In other words, do not stay here if you can avoid it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The Colisee-Verdun is quite near the city center. We were with the car and it wasn't really easy to find it. The room felt very hot, luckly we had a fan. I really don't understand why the room couldn't have a w.c. inside: there was a shower, a wash basin and enough space for one w.c. But there was only one w.c for all people on the ground! We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, we had cheaper one in Place de La Comedie. Good for one night, two at least.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Close to the train station, center and tramway. I booked a single room with shower and they gave me a large room with 2 double beds and a small balcony looking over the back street. WIFI was free. There were only 2 rooms on my level, so I had no noise. 59 euro- not cheap but usual for France and room was basic but TV also. Day receptionist was not too friendly, but night man and woman were very pleasant. My heating was turned off for some unknown reason on the last night, so I froze and left with a cold. Breakfast is cheaper and great at Pauls patisserie 2 min away. Recommend for a few nights only.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our stay at Hotel Colisee was not particularly pleasant. The hotel staff did not all speak English which was difficult, the pillows made sleep impossible and uncomfortable and the thin walls meant that we could hear everything going on in the next room (which I can tell you now, we didn't want to hear!).

The upside is, the staff that did speak English were nice, the location is perfect for train travelers and it's so close to the historic centre which means there is plenty around for you to do.

• Stayed: February 2012