“Good hotel very near the center”

Crowne Plaza Montpellier Corum
Ranked #8 of 93 Hotels in Montpellier
Oslo, Norway
“Good hotel very near the center”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip to Montpellier.
It's pretty standard for a modern hotel. Good beds, great bathroom, complimentary beverages upon arrival. A nice touch was the essential oil they give you to make you sleepy naturally for bedtime!
Pool was nice, but tiny, so good luck finding a lounger! Good cocktails from the pool bar.
Breakfast was nice and the servers really helpful and friendly. Remembered my coffee order from one day to the next, which was a nice touch.
Hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Comedie, but I welcomed the exercise, as I had my share of pastry, wine and other indulgences!
Only complaint is that I felt the room was too hot. The AC is set and although it gives you the illusion of being able to lower the temperature, you cannot. It seemed set on about 21celcius, which is fine for most, I just like a colder space. So, it's not a complaint, more of a note.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I am a big fan of modern hotels, and this one ticked the box well - however it is approx 10 minute walk to the city centre. This is not a probem for most people, but if you have limited time, you don't want to waste this sort of time everytime you leave the hotel or you happen to have forgotten something.

Having said that, the rooms were clean and quite good. Beds were comfortable. The lifts had issues on the two days we were here, which delayed us getting to our rooms.

Breakfast was a let down, in that the selection was not as extensive as I was used to in Europe, and there didn't seem to be a staff member anywhere in sight to clear our plates so we could get something else. We ended up having plates all stacked everywhere and it just looked messy - wasn't great.

Free internet in the lobby - but a bit of a pain in the butt to have to login using special username and password and it would regularly play up.

This hotel would be good for short trips and purely business trips.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Montpellier Corum, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
DearMinerva22,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is great to know you liked the cleanliness of our property as well as the room you had. We apologize for falling short of your expectations with the elevator, wifi and the breakfast. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is a nice, fairly standard chain hotel. The rooms are very nice, but not particularly large. The service was moderately helpful. It is close to the city center, but not actually in it, so it is quiet. I attended a conference here and the food, especially the reception food, was fine but very repetitive. With conference rates, it was a reasonable value; the price online would be high for what it is.

Parma, Italy
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel just one night for business. Position is very good - downtown is within walking distance but there's no noise from the traffic. Room was confortable - I appreciated free welcome drinks, the shower was large enough to relax under the water. Gym is very small - only cardio tools, and pool il a little more than a bath tub. Dinner menu is quite basic.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel is excellent for those who are having a short stay and wanting to explore Montpellier for a couple days. The hotel is within a short stroll (10minutes) to the city centre which was very convenient for us. It is also in a relatively quiet area. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The check in/out process was very quick.
Room service was disappointing. We ordered room service, which was very pricey and the food was in very small quantity and lacked flavour. Unless absolutely necessary, I would avoid ordering room service. It does however make it hard as there is no cafes etc around the hotel itself, so you would need to walk back into the city centre- so make sure you come back to the hotel full!
Internet was included in our stay, but as it expires every couple hours regular re log in is required. I do agree with some of the other reviews about the hotel lacking atmosphere, but for a short stay it serves its purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeNed
Haacht, Belgium
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Just 3 days ago I have booked 3 nights at this hotel through booking.com at €388. Just minutes after I had sent my confirmation I realized I had mistakingly entered the wrong week. As this was a special offer I had to call the booking.com customer service to have them correct the booking dates. One hour later they informed me the hotel refused. I then called the hotel reservations manager Mr Bertrand myself, explaining the situation and offering to book these 3 nights at his regular room rates. The manager still refused. He vented his frustration about the continuous price negotiations by booking.com and clearly saw in me a chance to take revenge. I can accept paying a fee when a reservation is cancelled or changed. In this case however I loose all of my €388, thanks to Mr Bertrand. This hotel chain will have gained €388 and lost a customer forever.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Paul D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Montpellier Corum, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Paul D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience your reservation may have caused. Please understand that our hotel is implementing pricing structure that allows us the opportunity to offer deeper discounts to our customers. In order to offer these rates we must attach restrictions such as cancellation fees or full prepayment. Some of our lowest discounted rates carry full prepayment requirements while others carry a cancellation fee. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but our hotel management is just following the policy of this restricted rates. I advise when booking online please always take time to read the cancellation policy and double check the dates of your travel to avoid the same scenario in the future. We still consider you a guest though you werent able to stay with us, we are always looking to the future and your future travel plans.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, TX
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here on business during early June 2013. It is a short walk to Comedie Opera square, street fairs and Polygone shopping district. Room was nice if a little small but certainly adequate for this single business traveler. Amenities are standard for this level of hotel--nice shower head, terry robes, iron, hairdryer, etc. Breakfast is good--not a lot of options but good and better than others in the area I heard. Also used the car service by the hotel which is a good option vs. taxis which are not plentiful in Montpellier so consider that option if you travel inside and outside the city.

Room Tip: seemed quiet all over.