“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 85 Hotels in Montpellier
Ryde, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked into this beautiful hotel we were treated like royalty. The guys at reception went out of there way to help us from interesting places to see to scrumptious restaurant suggestions. We were taken to our room personally and told everything we needed to know about the hotel. The room was large and spotless. This is a fantastic place to stay right on the edge of the old town with a suprise around every corner.

Thankyou we will be back.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Greg393939
cch34, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Hotel Le Guilhem, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are really pleased to read your king commentary concerning your stay at the Hotel Le Guilhem.

Our first priority is your satisfaction.

The situation of the hotel in the heart of the historical center offer you the best location for visit Montpellier.

Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for your next trip in Montpellier.

Awaiting the pleasure to welcoming you at the hotel, we stay at your entire disposal for any further information.

With my Best Regards,
Directeur.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alba, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm very sorry to write such a poor opinion about this hotel. Situated in the historical area but without any kind of service:
- no pick up luggage
- no car service
- to get to the room I had to climb stairs for 15 minutes without any help
and the most incredible thing was the price I had to pay.

Room Tip: If you are a family with kids or an over 60 years old couple just do not go. No way to get a taxi in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
cch34, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Hotel Le Guilhem, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking time to share your experience at the hotel Le Guilhem. Feedbacks are the best way to improve our services.

The reception is always at the disposal to our guest.

At the check in we go with our guest and we carry all luggages up to the room.

Concerning the car we have a special price with two parking nearest to the hotel (at 5 minutes walking distance) and if you need help all the staff are at your entire disposal.

Our first priority will be always your satisfaction.

Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and the reception will offer you our best price for your next stay.

With my Best Regards,
Directeur
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here six nights in mid-July, 2014, my room on the second floor (read third) with a great view of the Cathedral St. Pierre. First, I want to commend the staff, in particular three desk clerks, two of them named Joann and one Laurent. I arrived in Montpellier from Toulouse where I had injured my hand/wrist at the train station en route. As soon as I checked in, Joann called a taxi and sent me to a clinic for x-rays and diagnosis. The entire time I was at this hotel, the staff excelled at helping me, whether getting ice for my broken wrist or calling Air France to change my itinerary.

Second, I wish to list some of the hotel's amenities. Being managed by Best Western, hotel signs, instructions, and information were in both French and English. There was a flat screen TV and cable service with two English-language stations (BBCWorld and CNN). The staff spoke English. The hotel had a computer with good Internet access for guest use. For those of us who left our electronic devices at home, it was indispensable. None of this running all over the city searching for Internet businesses, as in Toulouse. A management practice that I endorse relates to saving our natural resources. Sheets are changed every three days and towels only at the guest's request.

Third, the location in the historic district is excellent. I've mentioned my view of St. Pierre's. It was just around the corner. Down the street from the hotel over a doorway was a plaque stating that Jean Jacques Rousseau lived here in 1737. There were numerous historic buildings around as well as a bakery, restaurants, and other useful commercial establishments. I cannot comment on the difficulty guests who drove cars had with parking, but, from what I saw, I surmise that they may have had problems.

Fourth, my room. It was a little small and it was simple. The two little chairs looked like ratan cafe chairs. I would have liked a safe, but there was none. That doesn't bother me, however. It was the view and the cathedral bells that meant everything. And, the nice palm tree nearby.

Last, what can be improved. The "lobby." It is small and on two levels, each having a modernistic orange plastic chair and the lower one, closest to the exterior door, having a sofa covered in an orange plastic material. There is a bookcase from which guests can borrow books and I enjoyed reading Fodor's France 2014. The hallways could use better lighting, a new paint job, and fresher carpeting. If my room is typical, decoration (pictures) could be enhanced. For example, instead of having four color drawings of butterflies, get drawings of the historic district several hundred years ago or of current views of Montpellier sights (Arc de Triumph). I believe that Best Western has not done enough with the potential of this facility.

Room Tip: Higher floors at far end of building where there is a view of the cathedral. I was in Room 27, which...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Spruce912
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent two nights here, the rooms we huge. some of the biggest hotel rooms we have every had a a chain hotel. all the rooms decor were very old style french. We loved the hotel. Don't buy breakfast at the hotel. right next door is a bakery open Monday to Saturday. Always a line in the mornings. Our kids love the fresh warm treats.

Room Tip: This Hotel requires you to walk a lot. It is built in three different buildings. there are lifts an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your king comment.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Le Guilhem.

For offer you the best quality we receive every day from this bakery our pastries for a delicious breakfast on our beautiful terrace from 06:30 until 12:00.

Awaiting the pleasure to welcoming you for your next trip in Montpellier, we stay at your entire disposal for any further information you may need.

Sincerely Yours,

Directeur
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice location (in the old town). Excellent and friendly service. Good sleep, calm location. Having a room behind, you will have a nice view on the cathedral. bath & shower fine. This hotel building is part of the old town.

Room Tip: visit of the old town is easy and convenient from the hotel. Ask room facing the Cathedral (nice vie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cch34, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Hotel Le Guilhem, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for sharing your opinion with other travellers.

Relationship with our guest is the most important for us and your message is the best reward we could expect.

Awaiting the pleasure to welcome you for your next trip in Montpellier, we stay at your entire disposal for any further information you may need.

Best Regards,
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Very welcoming staff, the room was spacious and very charming, with a beautiful view on terrace and cathedrale. Very quiet and cosi.
the breakfast was amazing. Great great stay.
Pascal and Christine, Cambridge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cch34, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Hotel Le Guilhem, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Madame, Dear Sir,
it's very kind of you to take time to complete this message.
We are very happy that you enjoy your stay and we hope that we welcome you for a futur stay in Montpellier.
We stay at your disposal.

Best regards

Cyrille Charpentier
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have in town for three years and this is my favorite hotel in Montpellier. It has the best location and very comfortable (although small) rooms. Ask for rooms with views for the cathedral and wake up early on Sundays.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,
it's an honor for us to be your favorite Hotel in Montpellier !
We try to do our best to offer the best quality of our guest and we are happy to have this result.
For your next stay in Montpellier, don't hesitate to ask the bigger room that we have because all the rooms are different and we try to offer you the best conditions for your futur stay.
All the team wish you a plaisant day and an happy new year !

Best regards