“As hotels should be , no restaurant ”

Holiday Inn Express Montpellier - Odysseum
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Montpellier
London, United Kingdom
“As hotels should be , no restaurant ”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel , very good beds , good size rooms , big shower but no bath ,
The bathroom was not immaculate , the white floor shows all odd hairs .
No restaurant for an evening meal ,
Helpful friendly staff .
All In all very good ,
Continental quilt and different pillows , soft or firm ,
The tv has bbc world and cnbc for free

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived early and Anne on reception was so friendly and welcoming. Our room on first floor was large, clean and bright. Free wifi. Hotel is so conveniently situated for shopping at Odysseum centre or taking the tram into Montpellier centre, only 2.60 Euros return and running every 10 minutes or so. Buffet breakfast is good with wide choices. We recommend this hotel. Secure gated parking.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peter C
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel offered usual Holiday Inn standards, it was clean and contemporary and the breakfast was typical french. The room was modern and the beds were very comfortable. The location was excellent for a family with young children as it was just over the road from the Odysseum and close to the tram stop and main road links.It was also only 10 minutes from the airport and close to the beach. Will definitely return!

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank gail_morrison
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here last night with my partner, we arrived a few hours earlier than normal checkin and I was quite ill, the lovely man at reception found us a room we could go into right away which was greatly appreciated. Staff speak great english, nothing is too much of a problem. Breakfast is top notch and available from very early. Rooms are incredibly clean, the basics are offered but its more than enough, beds are comfortable and tv is good also. Across the road is the aquarium, loads of restaurants, supermarket, mcdonalds... lots to see and do. Overall, great stay we will definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Myself and my partner recently stayed in this hotel which we used as a base for travelling out in the car for sightseeing.
I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel (It is new so expected) and the rooms were a good size and had everything we needed. The staff on reception were also very friendly and helpful. The pool was a big advantage and we mostly had it to ourselves so a great place to relax after days out.

The only negative of this hotel is it location. Although it is near plenty of restaurants, they arent particularly of a good standard and dont seem to be interested in welcoming tourists - we dont have very good French and felt uncomfortable because of this. There is a large Geant Casino supermarket which was very useful. Also, be aware of the beggers around the tram stop who were very intimidating when we were trying to work the ticket machine and use the tram for the first time.

All in all a good hotel to use a base for sightseeing.

Room Tip: We were looking over the car park at the back so not a good view but it was very quiet so had no iss...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was on business trip and stayed at this location as it was close to where I needed to be and the price was right. Upon my arrival from the US early in the morning, the front desk personnel advised me that my room was not ready and wouldn't be for several hours. When I informed her that I just arrived after extensive travel and would take whatever they had available, magically my room was ready. No big deal here, just typical practice I would assume. This property was the typical European style hotel that appeared to be in a safe neighborhood, close to several shops and dining establishments, an aquarium, movie theater, etc. My 7 day stay is what I expected from Holiday Inn Express in Europe and will stay again when my travels take me back to this city.

Room Tip: Considering this is right next to an emergency clinic, I was on the back side and was not disturbed...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The bad news is that this hotel is obviously a 'Holiday Inn' and so nothing like the cute "Boutique Hotel with a French ambiance" that I was planning to stay at.
The second bad news was the trainee receptionist initially insisted that they had no booking for our third room and the Hotel was full! What happened to customer courtesy? - I was holding the relevant booking paperwork and she was badly mistaken. However having got over those issues we did stay a week and the hotel was very good for what it was.
Not "two steps" from Montpellier centre as advertised but the nearby TRAMS are fabulous for getting you into town without any car-parking hassles. A great bonus as driving the centre Montpellier is not that easy.
I have to add that after the initial booking mix-up however the other staff were very extremely helpful to us answering all our questions and needs.
The rooms are fabulously modern and clean and quiet and with excellent Air-Con. Free WiFi too. The beds are quite hard which actually I like over horrible soft ones.
The breakfast options were fine and the fresh french bread yummy. The swimming pool was good (although not large enough to do laps) and with easy access for my elderly Mother. I wish they had more shade around it - but I suspect this will happen as the Hotel is fairly new.
The Odysseum entertainment complex is very close which gives you multiple options of (cheap & pretty basic) places to eat. Only one seemed to provide quality food however - La brasserie Scholler, but again if you want the real French Cuisine there are tons of restaurants in town only a tram ride away.
In the end the Hotel suited us fine even though it could have been anywhere in the world.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family