There would be only one reason why you would want to venture anywhere near this property - the incredible Najette on front of house who is incredibly efficient, adaptable, friendly, professional and approachable. Bad news is she leaves soon for pastures new...so no real reason why I can see you'd bother turning up at this place - let me tell you why.
1) It is not an inviting looking building, rather cold, and it has been reinvented from a previous property to a Suite Novotel and let me tell you the transition is not entirely successful.
2) The entrance to reception is at the side of the edifice, up a few steps, with a series of fridges on your left (the pantry), reception on your right, little bar adjacent and a breakfast room complete with tables and easy chairs in the distance.
3) Outside is a small patio, a tiny circular and frankly pretty useless swimming pool. As the hotel sits above one of the business intersections in the whole of the city, why you'd want to sit outside escapes me.
4) The staff with the expetion of one or two others and the amazing Najette - disengaged, sullen and unhelpful. You got the impression you were interrupting most of the time.
5) The corridors were depressing - a bit like a barrack block and the colours used to paint them dismal.
6) There was also an musty smell which also permeated in all of the rooms in which we stayed - 3 in total.
7) Our first room had the benefit of a comfy armchair - the other 2 didn't.
8) A good thing is the telephone and media package - but you can get that in any Suite Novotel.
9) First room - rain shower inoperable, bugs biting me over 3 nights to the extent we had to go to another room with the management washing their hands of the issue.
10) Second room - no armchair, more musty smell permeating and a bedroom window that did not shut. This exacerbated the incredibly disturbing traffic noise outside (cars, trucks, trams, sirens from early morning) to a level where sleep was impossible.
11) The bathroom is so badly designed with half doors as the entry from the sleeping area light spills in and wakes you up.
12) There is a bar with 2 stools, an ancient microwave, little fridge and microscopic sink. Nothing else. Not even a cloth. This is for medium length stays? Really?
13) Pantry food is overpriced, of a quality which is forgettable - go out and bring things in or eat out. Believe it or not, it'll be cheaper!
14) Breakfast was apparently designed by nutritionists. No they weren't. An accountant did. Served up in jars, the value for money totally atrocious.
15) Massages take place some days in reception - a nice touch. But after staying here, you'd need on to relax.
16) They say the modular concept is amazing. Well, let me tell you this refers to a table on wheels, two cheap chairs, a sliding door between sleeping and living and a totally unusable sofa.
I changed my mind on this place after 3 nights. With Najette from front of house leaving soon, there is nothing to commend this over-priced conundrum of a hotel. Go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Novotel Suites Montpellier hotel, located in the Antigone district. Relish in the rooms and suites in this 4-star hotel. Change your Suite into a workspace for your meetings. Enjoy a snack in our friendly dining area or in the privacy of your own room. Take a dip in the pool, unwind in the fitness room or stroll through the streets in the city center. Make the most of the sunshine at Novotel Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Suites Montpellier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Montpellier Hotel Montpellier