“Comfortable & Clean”

Ranked #70 of 93 Hotels in Montpellier
Turin, Italy
“Comfortable & Clean”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

"Comfortable & Clean" are the two perfect words describing this place. I slept for 7 nights, no problems, silence, clean, very nice place... and very very cheap! I was there with my wife, in a Business Week, and we were very comfortable, with a little kitchen to use when you want, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can have the breakfast service with a little surcharge. Only one particular is... you need a vehicle, if you want to move in the city. I suggest it to all...

Room Tip: Ask for the kitchen and Special Offers... They have Offers all the year and put them on their websit...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank castronew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Nice enough hotel, the food is good, but don't trust the cleaning staff !!! My self and my colleague both had items stolen from our luggage while we were out during the day. She had gifts which were well hidden stolen, and I had my passport stolen which was also well hidden in my bag ! For this reason I cannot for one moment recommend that you stay there knowing they employ thieving scum !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank anthonydodge

Travellers are raving about these Montpellier hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for one night

Room was a small studio with split toilet & shower rooms with kitchenette and double bed and small TV on the wall with built in wardrobe

As I wasn't particularly staying in the room on the evening and going into the centre it did the job; it had a bed & a shower !

Regards the restaurant, a few on my colleagues who wanted a drink to wind down after a days work were told that there was no bar service; you could only get an alcoholic beverage if you ate at the hotel...needless to say, not many actually stayed to eat later on pricipal !

Breakfast in the morning was average; typical ham & cheese & bread rolls and cereal so filled a gap although a bit steep at €8.50

Checkout was a nightmare - 2 people on reception at the busiest time of day and one of them was being trained by the other......needless to say I waited nearly 20 minutes to be seen to

Overall, suited the purpose but wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We've chosen this hotel for a two nights stay in Montpellier. For the reason that there is a kitchenette.
The arrival was okay though the receptionist is not that friendly. Maybe because we arrived late afternoon already and that she is already tired to smile.
The room is okay, sure that it was cleaned in a hurry. Small details forgotten.
The kitchenette is well functional (talking about the electronic materials), there are enough utensils to eat as well. Could be a good idea if they can provide a sponge and a detergent soap so clients can wash the dirty dishes.
Surprised that the room is not cleaned everyday. For the price, ranging the same as other 3 star hotels, that is normal!
I tried to asked the receptionist for some ideas what to do in Montpellier and for restaurant, she just said, 'Go at the town center, Le Place de la Comedie, there you can find restaurants'. Funny, if I have that in mind I should have not asked in the first place.
The parking is not free.
You can hear the footsteps, people talking or the tv of your neighbor. We did not had a chance that just in front of our room, there is this family with a young kid. The kid cries, yells, plays outside the corridor, you get awake!
No shower curtain but this glass like cover, the water is all over the place after taking a shower so you have to sit down or be careful so the floor doesn't get wet. They don't change the towels.
The bed is terrible, too soft and you can already feel the spring of the bed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Barcelone
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We got a studio with a decent-sized room, split toilet and shower and tiny kitchenette. Internet is available in the room through cable which you have to ask for at the reception. Wifi is available on ground floor. Outdoor parking is free but limited. These are the only things we liked about our stay.

We arrived at 1PM to do the check-in which starts at 2 so the room was not ready, so we went to kill time at the McDonald's that's at the roundabout. We came back at 2:10PM and the room was not ready - being cleaned. The asked us to wait in the "lounge" where other people were also waiting. By 3PM, the room was... still not ready, still being cleaned, and no, they had no idea when it'd be ready. We didn't get our room before 4:05PM. At least, it was clean. For our 2-hours wait, we received nothing, not even apologies although they did insist that we checked-out by 11AM the next day.

We thought that'd be the end of it but another surprise awaited us in the room. Being in August, it's full summer in Montpellier and hot! The air con only blew hot air. The front desk informed us that air conditioning was broken in half of the hotel and that there was nothing they could do. When asked for a fan, they apologized and informed us that all the fans had already been allocated to the rooms that needed it. Well, not our room! We obviously will have to 1) sleep with the window open but the room gives onto the traffic and it's very noisy in addition of being hot and feeding the mosquitoes, 2) sleep with the door open and hope to get a bit of air from the corridor, 3) sleep in the lift or camp in the lounge where the air con works perfectly.

This hotel is probably good-value but the terrible, terrible, horrible service we received guarantees that I will give it a miss next time I'm in town. I might try another hotel of the chain but it'd have to be a really good offer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Antwerp
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is holiday lodging "Do It Yourself" style, to my opinion not suitable for business: if you're working long hours and don't have time to go to the Carrefour supermarket across the busy roundabout, to buy dishwash stuff and water for your fridge (luckily this Park&Suites still has a vending machine, newer ones apparently don't).
No make up of the room if you don't explicitly put the "make up my room", and even then 2 times out of three not done, no cleaning of cups and glasses (I don't have the time to do the dishes!), no refreshment of towels in a hot climate, no hand soap (luckily I'm always prepared for this).
Pluspoints : taxi can be there in 5 minutes, also tramway is not far, so you can easily get to city center, breakfast buffet is OK, but I pitied the single person staff when there was a bus with tourists. There are 2 Park&Suites hotels in Montpellier: make sure taxi/gps takes you to the right quarter of town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Rather large room with split toilet and shower and small kitchenette. Breakfast is limited but sufficient . Overall a decent stay...

• Stayed July 2012