“the best choice”

Le Morceau de Lune
Price range: US$21 - US$32
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“the best choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very good choice. We were a family with children. I had a birthday. Тhе atmosphere is very pleasant . We chose veal and duck meat. It was fresh and very tasty. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. Finally the team surprised me with a birthday dessert :) thank you Morceau de lune!We will be back!

• Visited June 2014

Montpellier, France
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a shame, Ive lived in Montpellier for 10 years and never been as dissapointed as i was tonight.
I ate at this resto last year and it was amazing..... home cooked french cuisine. Tonight was a disaster.
The " menu de semaine " wasnt available with no excuse given, apart from that the service was way below average and then there was the food.....
Properly cooked lamb and duck isnt too much to ask for, when asked if i enjoyed my meal by the waitress, i found my honest comments confronted by a most unprofessional and aggressive chef..... unbelievable, 124 euros NOT well spent.

• Visited April 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“rude waiter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

made a reservation, and arrived with th family 20 minutes later, but they didn't hold the reservation and said we could no be served anymor, although they had free tables. it was 21:50. the waitress was not polite, on the verge of being rude.
there are no parking places near, so if you go prepare to walk 15-20 min from the nearest parking.

Visited August 2013
New City, NY
“Just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The only reason I am giving them 3 stars is that my husband enjoyed his meal somewhat. We went for lunch recently because I had read about it online, but it didn't live up to its claims. The Tour de France was arriving that day and maybe that threw them off, but I suspect not from what I now read from other reviewers. There were 2 young people in charge who seemed to be very distracted. Not that they were unpleasant.
My glass was dirty, and frankly, I thought the banquette and other furnishings were kind of cheap looking. The stone walls were charming, as the restaurant is located in the old town.
The courses came too fast.. I understand that we were the only people there for quite a while, as we arrived at 12:15, but still, that shouldn't happen in any French restaurant.
We had the menu du jour. Both of us had the salad to start. It was fine, served on slate slabs that looked very hip, but the peas kept rolling off etc..Not really a great idea. Actually the peas were a high point, instead of the ubiquitous corn that they throw on every salad in France. Also the presentation of the salad was a bit strange.. with the pesto splattered around..I didn't find it attractive.
My husband had fish, which he liked-- but the accompanying ratatouille, even though it was served in its own little fancy container, was so oily I just had a couple of bites. My pork was very dry.
Dessert was average. The wine was fine for that kind of restaurant. We would not return. There are plenty of other restaurants in Montpellier to try.

• Visited July 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, over described and overcooked”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Just visited tonight on what must be one of Montpellier's wettest weekends and it really wasn't all that great to get out of the rain as I first thought. Very pleasant surroundings and attentive staff (after an initial slight misunderstanding that I was dining on my own) and a good dozen of reasonably priced wines by the glass. The descriptions on the impressive looking menu promise a lot but sadly don't deliver in my opinion. The complimentary amuse-bouche was well flavoured - shame the rest of the meal wasn't. I had the goats cheese starter which was somehow sadly lacking flavour. The main course consisted of tough kangaroo meat and over cooked - if not burnt - potato cake which was almost like a heavy Spanish tortilla or a poor quiche. The fromage frais dessert was heavy and cloying - it again could have done with some lighter touch. All in all, a classic case of style over substance, compounded by small portions at inflated prices. No, I won't be back....