“do not stay in this "hotel"”
Review of Concorde

and 1 more site!
Concorde
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Nimes
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“do not stay in this "hotel"”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

could be here all day writing about hot terrible this hotel is but i actually couldnt waste my time.
basically everything about this hotel is bad
shower doesnt have a door
i could sleep through a war and in this hotel i couldn't sleep. sounded like the people were in our room... fighting bashing slapping hitting baby crying - the noise shuttered through my body it was sooo loud..
the bed has stuffed up my back. it feels like you are sleeping on springs with mattress. couldn't move the next morning.
the place stinks of bad sewage systems. or cigarettes..
the place is sooooooooo disgusting. no toilet paper. blood in the toilet ???? what the hell??
room is sooo small you cant even put your bags down and open them
theres no one at reception you have to call and mission for someone to talk to
when you do finally see someone he doesn't know how to speak a word of english
this place should be closed down seriously..
DO NOT STAY HERE

Room Tip: your tip would to not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tasha27Napoli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at night and the door was locked. After waiting 10 minutes of knocking on all doors and windows, the night watch let us in. He was very confused and it seemed like he spoke neither French or English. Our room was TINY and the showers are in the room - no shower curtain and no hot water. The staff in general were okay - the woman who was there in the morning was very rude and wouldn't help us with anything. Everybody else was okay. Location is perfect and the hotel is in walking distance to almost everything. None the less, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Annadk123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

While this hotel is extremely well located, it is important to keep in mind that it is a budget hotel when considering your stay. We were located in room #5, and had a relatively small room, with an attached shower and sink (in the same room). We had shared toilet facilities which were basically a hole in the wall off the staircase that had been retrofitted with a toilet.
The host would probably be a big draw card. He is extremely friendly, helpful and always aiming to welcome, please and inform his customers. He is extremely well spoken in English, and presumably his French is no less flawless too.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Apostcardfromus
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a 1 month trip around Europe. When I arrived the reception was flooded due to a leak, which of course could happen to any hotel.

I arrived in the morning and was told I would have to wait 1 hour to check in (which isn`t a problem arriving in the morning). It was a problem though when I had to wait 5 hours to check in to my dirty, cold and old room with no hot water due to the leak. I was told there would be hot water in 1 hour but finally didn`t get to have a shower until that night.

When I did finally take a shower the shower rail fell off the wall. I told the receptionist and he said that it wasn`t his problem as the boss was supposed to fix it.

I later asked the receptionist to make a doctor`s appointment for me as I don`t speak French and he refused, saying that his boss would be angry if he spent money calling a doctor.

Finally when I was leaving I said that I wanted to complain as I was generally unhappy about the hotel. He said that again it wasn`t his problem and he wouldn`t pass my complaint to his boss because it was a 1 star hotel so what did I expect, but if I waited for two hours his boss would arrive and I could speak with him. I waited for 2 hours and was then told that I would have to wait a further 90 minutes for the boss to arrive.

At that point I gave up and left.

If I can summarise I would say that some of the staff are nice, but that the hotel is horrible and the general attitude is one of arrogance and unhelpfulness.

At no point in this unpleasant stay did anyone apologise for the terrible service and lack of professionalism.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kobetraveler_12

Travellers are raving about these Nimes hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The location of this hotel is superb, on the doorstep of the Nîmes Roman Arena. The staff was obliging, helpful and even changed my room, upgraded me without an extra charge, when there was a problem with noise from a permanent tenant family with a young child. I enjoyed my stay at the Concorde and would stay again if I could get room #6. The only negative that I have is that there was no internet access nor WiFi in the room or hotel. There is a Quick Burger around the corner that does offer free WiFi with a purchase. I would recommend this hotel, but one should check out their room before settling in.

Room Tip: Ask for room #6
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

On arrival we were expected and Ralf was very helpful. He had lots of books on the town and area and recommended the best sights to see in our 3 days there. He gave us a street map and recommended reasonable priced restaurants
The room was foisty smelling but the shower, sink and sheets were clean but well worn and marked.
Streets can be noisy at night and tv could easily be heard loudly all night 2 of the 3 nights we stayed.
We had a fantastic weekend in Nimes, the hotel is not far from the station, but be prepared for its very basic and dilapidated state and remember your ear plugs!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was there early July and had to stay for two nights because nothing else was available. The room was large enough for two people but it was filled with a horrible mildewy smell even though the windown was left wide open. The sheets were decent but the top cover had strange stains all over. The carpet was pretty filthy and the pipes to the inroom shower was exposed and covered in dust. I have backpacked a lot around the world, in India, Nepal, Tibet, Australia, Canada and Europe and I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to putting up with discomfort. If there is anything positive, the disgusting room minimizes the time that you stay in the hotel and miximizes the time you spend exploring this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends