“Nice local Restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London UK
“Nice local Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We went twice to Restaurant des Artistes during our stay in Nimes as we really liked it.
It’s in a narrow quite street and in September had tables in the street, some way up the road from the restaurant.

They were very welcoming & had a variety of menu’s – we chose the 19E which was three courses with a good choice of regional food, both meat and fish – my wife had the seafood selection which was very good.

The wine was more expensive – they would not serve Pichet’s in the evening, so we ended up buying a 16E bottle.

So a good local non touristy restaurant.

1 Thank Jclynes

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weird food”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Pretentious overpriced French food comes to mind when I think of my experience at this place. The waiter did not speak English, which of course is not a liability, but made no effort to communicate with us. He brought us wine but no water - the other tables had all been brought theirs -, he brought me the wrong dish and when correcting his mistake, no sign of cutlery. He droped our orders and ran off to the restaurant with no looking back - we were seated outside, a bit further away. My partner ordered steak, and there was no no mention on how he would want it - it was literally raw in the middle, not rare. My dish was one of the most horrible things I have ever tried - little bits of squid and potatoes swimming in warm aioli. The starter was ok - uncooked seafood platter - but my dessert was as terrible as my main - I had chosen white cheese with berries coulis, which ended up being nearly 1/2 pint of runny-creamy white cheese mixed with double cream - the whole thing just tasted of uncooked double cream - with warm strawberry jam. I was lucky not to feel or fall ill. And the prices... We went for a fixed menu but if I had paid any money for the a la carte menu I would deeply regret.