“Can be much better”

Ranked #58 of 580 Restaurants in Nimes
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Venez nous rendre visite du mardi midi au samedi soir, de 12h a 15h et de 19h30 a 22h.Fermeture le lundi et le dimanche. Le Restaurant le Carre d'Art a obtenu le titre de "Maitre Restaurateur" qui distingue l'excellence et un engagement en faveur de la qualite (Arrete prefectoral en date du 5 decembre 2013)
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The food is over priced and the service is poor. The waitpersons appear to be annoyed if you ask them a question or to bring you a selection.

The atmosphere is excellent.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We visited le Carre d'Art on a very cold February midweek evening, for an anniversary dinner. The warm welcome into the beautifully decorated dining room was a very good start. The simple meni if 5 starters, and 5 main courses to choose from was perfect. And the desserts even better ! The service was the right balance of prompt and relaxing. A hugely enjoyable evening in a delightful restaurant. Highly recommended

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Very nice courtyard. Interesting choice of food, nicely presented. The waiter was attentive. Can recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We chose le Carre d'Art based on its setting and what looked very appetizing on other diners plates. The waitstaff were not only very professional and helpful but also totally gorgeous. Physically the restaurant is wonderful with palms and bamboo in its garden setting. The wine list has a good selection and as is the fixed menu, ($29 Euro) very reasonably priced. We enjoyed a good local Rose.
Our entrees promptly arrived, a strange turnip gazpacho, nice prawn salad and a good tomato and mozzarella mille feuille. Thats when it got strange, our mains were universally bad I am sorry to say because overall we enjoyed our experience. In fairness I chose badly, I had fillets of Rouget with a five spiced open bagel. It sounded interesting but Rouget is a strong flavoured fish, not to my liking and the cumin and anise flavours just overwhelming. Overall, it would have to be one of the wierdest meals I've ever had. My son enjoyed his veal dish but the other guests chose duck which was tough, undercooked and a bland dish overall.
Our desserts were fortunately universally good so if you can stick to an entree and a dessert this place will please

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the majority of reviews given here. I have visited the restaurant many times - particularly over the summers of 2010/11. The restaurant is in a charming location, beautiful decor inside and tranquil terrace outside. The menu changes regularly in accordance with the local produce available, and is both imaginative and good quality. The team working there is small, creating a "family" vibe and putting customers at ease with "un charmant acceuil". Beautiful extensive winelist with "des grands vins" alongside wines from the region. The servers are ready to advise and help whenever they can. There are many regular local clients who eat at the restaurant, which goes to show the quality and of both the food and service.

A fantastic experience, definitely worth visiting and I would recommend to friends and family too (certainly I have)! It is a shame that more people do not document the pleasant experiences that they have on this site, as we are unfortunately a nation more willing to complain.

2  Thank imp89