“Nice experience”

Alexandre - Michel KAYSER
Reserve with
Alexandre - Michel KAYSER is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 580 Restaurants in Nimes
Price range: US$117 - US$320
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Well, I can't fault the service here at all. For the food, it was a michillin star experience in South France for our family. The presentation of the food was fabulous, as all the other M restaurant. Food, unfortunately, were generally over salted, in my opinion. And to be honest, I wouldn't probably come back for the price even I live close by. The kids menu was a highlight, surprisingly, super for the price.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This is truly a two Michelin star restaurant. We have had everything one would expect from such restaurant: perfect service, amazing food, and great setting.

We had a great table, on the terrace, just by the garden, and everything is illuminated at night, making this special occasion really enjoyable. Service was perfect, and the whole menu (Degustation) was amazing. An explosion of flavors.
The cheese trolley and then the dessert trolley were really impressive.

Wine list is extensive and affordable.

Excellent value for money. Amazing food. Very good service.

Alexandre is among my three best restaurant experiences ever.

2  Thank strawberita
Reviewed 23 October 2012

For us, this is a new #1. The entire experience is about dining. This may sound funny. But, there is no other reason for you to be there than to have an incredible meal. Every aspect was perfect. We had a 3 hour lunch. I think we were served 11 times when all was said and done.

The care and preparation that went into every plate was amazing. The smallest little thing on a plate had to be prepared with care.

We eat in the dining room and moved to the terrace for coffee.

This was truely a special live experience.

1  Thank Stu A
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Set in beautiful crafted, green gardens in the Nimes countryside, this restaurant certainly promises a lot. And it largely delivers.

I dined here with my brother after the recent Arsenal match, just before we got our flight out. We went for the smaller tasting menu for 104 Euros. It came to 140 Euros each with 1 1/2 bottles of wine. Very good value.

Some interesting flavour combinations and really well cooked food. The portions were really well sized.

Lunch started with the terrine of Duck Foie Gras with oyster in jelly and seawater foam. Was not really sure this was going to work, but the richness and fattiness of the foie gras worked in perfect harmony with the salty oyster. Probably a little too salty for my pallet. But a new combination (for me) that worked well. (7.5/10).

This was followed by the grilled red mullet, with artichoke juice and basil (9/10). This was excellent. The red mullet was cooked exceptionally well and the artichoke juice was delicious. This came with two little parcels, one containing pesto and topped with tortellini and the other containing sun dried tomato. These added a saltiness and a tartness to the dish, which really brought the dish to life.

To cleanse the pallet we were brought orange flower ice cream, almond granite and black olive oil crust. This did the job and tasty lovely. Well balanced, cool and pallet cleansing (8.5/10).

Our main dish was the lamb leg grilled over vine clippings, puree of beans w. Savory juice. Some great flavours, though disappointingly the lamb was a little over cooked. The savory juice was delicious - rich and thick. Helped to lift the dish considerably. It also came with a small number of fried slices of garlic which I really like (8.5/10).

The cheese cupboard which followed was generous with some really nice choices. Including the nicest brie I have ever had. The bread that was offered was an appropriate vehicle, though nothing exciting (9/10).

The highlight of the meal was the dessert cupboard. When opened it looked like a sweet shop and offered an array of desserts from ice-cream and sorbet to cakes and mouses. I chose the crème brulee ice cream, the soufflé ice cream, a small chocolate and raspberry cake and the passion fruit, banana, chocolate and caramel cake. Each was delicious in its own way. A real treat. (9.5/10)

To top it off we were given the delicious amuse bouche.

And we were even given a free lift to the airport by the owners daughter.

Very much worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This I must admit was my first 2* michelin experience. I live 15 mins from a 1* in England and visit frequently so was very much looking forward to this restaurant. One thing I checked was the price and I was expecting to be able to get a meal for 80euros but the cheapest menu was 102euros this surprised me. The setting in the garden was lovely. The presentation of the food was also superb however at that price I will probably not be returning,thats why I have said it was an experience.