“Not too Great”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Narbonne
Mobile, Alabama
“Not too Great”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is located at the intersection of two major highways however it is an industrial area. It was clean but lacked elevator. Just seemed to high a price for what we had been paying throughout France.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
Reviewed 11 July 2014

if all you need is a bed, good wireless, ensuite, a standard but cheap breakfast, this is good value. and I object to having to write all these characters so why can I just write as short as I want? ??

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Nice and cheap thanks to being totally out of tourism season. It had few people, everything was clean, no disturbing noises, wifi working correctly...
Can't say about vacation season, but out of it, the price/value is perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank heffeque
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Outside Narbonne easy to find and very easy to get to the Centre. A very clean, welcoming yet sparse hotel. Free and secure parking. The reception manager wa extremely helpful and some requested extra pillows arrived immediately. The booked double room was fine yet we had an initial concern about a third bed/cot which was overhead the double bed but it did not become a problem just not ideal for two. The shower was small yet efficient, there was a separate small WC and the hand basin was in the room. The double glazing was good and it wa a quiet and peaceful stay. We would certainly return to this hotel if we had similar requirements.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Maybe this hotel is great but I never got a chance to find out. I had booked into this hotel on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews which are normally fairly reliable.

First of all it may pay to be aware that there are 3 Ibis Budget hotels in Narbonne. Needless to say I went to the other two first as my GPS didn't seem to recognise the street name of Becquerel.

The first one was completely closed with a sign saying they would reopen at 5pm. Nevertheless there was a telephone number one could call and the person on the phone kindly told me I was in the wrong hotel. He sent me to another Ibis hotel.

Ibis hotel no. 2 seemed much more welcoming, had signs of human life and a restaurant. Unfortunately this wasn't where I had made the booking either.

I finally located Ibis hotel no. 3 which appeared even more deserted than hotel no.1 but was located in a wind swept industrial estate and looked like an abandoned car lot. Not promising. I was unable to even get someone on the phone at this one. I tried to type in my reservation number at the automated check in machine but no luck. It seemed that if I wanted to check in I would have to wait until 5.00pm. Having driven for hours to get here, I was tired, hungry and in desperate need of a toilet so did not fancy having to wait for 3 hours.

I left and rang booking.com to see if they could do anything and was very politely told by the supercilious French customer service representative that there was nothing he could do. Eventually, when it was obvious that he was not prepared to help me I cancelled the booking myself vowing never to use their services again.

I do not understand how a hotel can be closed for most of the day or can be located in such an out of the way place. It took me over an hour to finally find this place and fortunately I was in a car. A hotel such as this would not survive in Australia or the USA. It's a funny thing but people in service industries know how to provide service, something that seems to be greatly missing in some parts of this country. Fortunately many other places more than make up for it such as the other Ibis hotel at the rue de L' Hotellerie in which I am now staying.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Narbonne hotels