“Great spot”

Ranked #29 of 555 Restaurants in Perpignan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Happy to recommend this restaurant. The menu at lunchtime is comprehensive four starters, mains and deserts. There was an emphasis on good fresh produce, a skilled hand or two in the kitchen and good service. Good vfm as well.

2  Thank brem50

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Staying locally, we walked along the River and into the Old Town rather late for a Thursday evening we saw this Restaurant and it had instant curb appeal. The staff were very welcoming and found us a place straight away in an atmospheric and empathetic middle room.
We had already noted the ‘Menu du Jour’ outside and were pleased to see that it was still available. We both had a salad to start, it was fresh and crisp and the tomatoes were sweet, the grated cheese was tasty and the lardons smoked well and ‘proper’ bacon not pumped up! My partner had Oxtail Pasta (nearly Osso Bucco but not quite) and I had an excellent plate of calves liver with Lyonnaise potatoes, all very well executed. Meal completed with some local cheese on my part and a chocolate dessert on the part of my partner.
The wine list was varied and had some older vintages at reasonable prices, we settled for a decent Carignan Blanc, Vielle Vignes from Mas Lavail and a 2015 ‘Hommage’ Cotes de Rousillon from Cazes just down the road, both excellent.
Well worth a visit and the prices were all very reasonable, definitely another visit is in order.

2  Thank Stuart E
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I had dinner a few weeks ago. The restaurant is easy to find a short walk from the Castillet. The restaurant gives a very pleasant ambience. The menu is varied, both fish and meat. Good selection of local wines. Staff is polite, service minded and attentive. Prices are affordable. You will enjoy the food and the premises.

2  Thank Dag W
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Two of a group of six had the magret de canard. We have never had such badly cooked duck. The fat was soggy, the meat tough and almost impossible to separate it from the fat. Some of the dishes were acceptable and the helpings generous, but several of us left food on the plates.
As it was a special occasion we bought a bottle of champagne , a vintage unknown, at the rather steep price of 65 euros (no choice champagnes ) which was pleasant, nothing special, but unfortunately served in cheap, ugly little champagne glasses. If they sell champagne at that price, they should at least have decent glasses.
It was a very disappointing meal.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Whether lunch or an evening VIP is perfect , great team always a warm welcome
We had the plat du jour - perfect

3  Thank paul b