“Nice little restaurant”

Ranked #57 of 120 Restaurants in Uzes
Price range: US$18 - US$59
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: MilléZime : A large menu selection of provençal style cuisine combined with a laid back atmosphere. This restaurant is perfect for an outing with friends or an impromtu dinner. Always busy, fun and it won't break your bank. Indoor and outdoor seating. 95% fresh products
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Millezime is a pretty restaurant in the center of Uzes. Meals are made with fresh local ingredients. The service was excellent and very friendly.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Millezime was recommended to us by people at the hotel where we were staying. However, my meal and overall experience were disappointing. I ordered the aubergine caviar as my entrée and it was quite tasty. I ordered "taureau" as my plat and the waiter described it as a "beef stew". I figured that 'taureau" in French might equate "toro" in Spanish an "bull" in English which caused me some concern but I had seen the dish on other menus so I thought I would give it a try thinking that the meat in a stew is cooked until it is tender. The meal when it came, looked attractive (see photos) but the serving of taureau turned out to be mostly gristle and what wasn't gristle was very difficult to cut and chew. I ended up not eating 3/4 of the taureau. A friend ordered taureau as well and her meal was equally inedible. In retrospect, we should have called the waiter over at the outset and asked for something else to eat, but we didn't. When the waiter came to take our plates away, we commented on the toughness of the meat and his reply was "well, it is bull you know". So the combination of the poor food, inattentive service and modest portions for the price results in a "poor" rating

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The restaurant was full of locals and the meal did not disappoint. We were looking for something not too fussy but good and found it. I had a good veal dish with Morilles, my husband pasta. The souffle desert (grand marnier) was excellent and not something one comes across often anymore even in a French restaurant. Reasonable prices. The service was cheerful and good humoured.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Had dinner there during the week. Nice location, cozy and rustic. Food was very solid, quite typical for Uzès. Take the "Café Gourmand" as dessert, this is really something.
Big negative point unfortunately for the service. Didn't have time for us first as the restaurant was full. It became even worse as they somehow disappeared when the room started to get empty. Waiting times were far too long.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We have just enjoyed one of the best meals we have had during our five weeks in France.
We chose the 'Asperges Vertes & Foie Gras' déjeuner. All three courses were variations of asparagus and foie gras.
Amuse bouche was a profiterole filled with asparagus mousse and foie gras accompanied by a warm velouté of asparagus.
Entrée was rouleau of asparagus, foie gras and Serrano ham. Plat was foie gras crumbed with peanuts and lightly pan fried accompanied by asparagus flan.
If all this seems too much, believe me, it was light, fresh and summery.
We even had room for the voluminous soufflé Grand Marnier.
A bottle of the local vin rouge was chosen from the extensive wine list.
Service was excellent and attentive but not intrusive. Our friendly waiter explained everything to us in perfect English. Excellent value for money. Chef deserves a star!

Been to Millezime? Share your experiences!