Hotel des Prelats
US$216
US$194
  • Room Service
US$206
All reviewscharming hotelwooden floorsfour poster bedplace stanislasstanislas squarebeautiful old buildingstreet sideformer palaceshort walkcentral locationart nouveaustained glasspublic parkingold stylemagnificent placeshower heada multi storey car park
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The best the hotel has to offer is staff and their service. The front desk staff is very helpful and kind with suggesting restaurants, room requests, and more. They are definitely the hotel's best asset. The room was a bit disappointing as it was very tired looking, and didn't look like the hotel's website pictures. The room wasn't bad, but just didn't meet my expectations. Standard in most hotels I've ever been in, there is no iron or ironing board (though they may have had them available on request), and no coffee maker in the room. Bath towels were a little thinner and rougher than most other hotels I've stayed in, I prefer a firm mattress, but the mattress in our room was VERY firm. Only breakfast is offered for an additional charge, and food selections on the buffet are cold breakfast items. However, the front desk staff will recommend restaurants for other meals, and offer to make dinner reservations for you. Unfortunately, I am a light sleeper, and it is very easy to hear other people walking the corridors, opening and closing doors. That was mildly annoying at times, but not a tragedy. Hotel des Prelats is conveniently located near many of the tourist attractions with just a short walk, and if you want to venture further out, there is a tram stop in front of the hotel. While out walking, we passed several other hotels I had looked at when looking for hotel accommodations. The exteriors appeared very run down as well as lobbies when glancing into the windows. This hotel was one of the more expensive of hotels I considered, and based on other hotels I saw, it was probably worth it. If you are just looking for a place to rest your head at night, this is a great hotel. If you have expectations of additional amenities such as room service and restaurant, you might check out some higher end hotels. All in all, not bad, but not great either. Based on budget, I would probably stay here again if I visit Nancy again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travel5856
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had warm welcome and very confortable room even thow this one was a bit tight. The receptionists changed but they were all caring and very precautious. making reservations for visits and advising good restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I would second the reviewer who reviewed this hotel as being GREEDY with their cancellation policy. We booked and cancelled this hotel within a few hours via Booking.com --two days in advance -- and did not realize that we would be charged the full rate, plus tax, until we got our credit card statement. We are guilty of not seeing the very fine print buried underneath the BOLD "Need to Cancel? No Problem!" but when we called the hotel they refused to budge and only blamed Booking.com and Booking.com blamed the hotel. So in the end these partners in crime made away with our 112 euros (plus currency exchange fee) and very likely rebooked the empty room to someone else, splitting the proceeds. Terrible. Just terrible.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa B
Reviewed 10 November 2013

It’s a charming boutique hotel, set in a 17th century Episcopal building. It has a refined modern interior design with a romantic note, using historical quotations and precious accents made by some antique pieces: the overall effect is wonderful. The hotel is located a few steps (100 m) from the magnificent Place Stanislas, in the very centre of the town. The parking places in front of the hotel are very few (you have to be very lucky to find a free spot), but nearby there is a secured public parking decently priced (ask at the hotel reception desk)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RCri
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great hotel overall. Wonderful convenient location next door to the cathedral and in front of the tram stop. Very lovely attractive comfortable clean room, Very helpful staff. Was better than I expected. I would have liked to have an electrical outlet available without having to unplug something and crawl around on the floor to find an outlet to charge my electrical devices. Staff was reluctant to speak to my neighbors about their smoking in their non-smoking room, sharing the smoke and odor with me.

Room Tip: People walking down the corridors are a bit noisy, so sensitive people might prefer a room at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo