“Tasty food albeit long wait for it”

A La Table du Bon Roi Stanislas
Ranked #1 of 588 Restaurants in Nancy
Price range: US$29 - US$51
Cuisines: French, Polish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband, daughter (3 y.o.) and I visited the "A La Table du Bon Roi Stanislas" restaurant in April 2014. From the moment we stepped inside, we felt welcomed. Unlike so many other restaurants in France that don't have high chairs for small children, this place did. The atmosphere was fantastic - tasteful decorations, cutlery, table wear, dishes... everything added to the unique ambiance of this place.

The food was very tasty. I especially liked the fact that there was lots of saffron in my dessert because often enough when you order something containing saffron, you can barely taste it. The only negative thing that I have to say about this place is that even though we were there for lunch (and the restaurant was not overfull), it took them a full 2 hours from first order to finishing our dessert, which was a bit of a stretch for our daughter. Luckily we were not in a rush and truly enjoyed the food, despite the long wait. The service was excellent. Both of our waiters were polite, pleasant and smiley.

1  Thank romashka_sheko

Reviewed 1 October 2013

It was our 3rd of 3 nights in Nancy. We could not imagine how the food could get better but it did. Hotel Crystal sent us here. Small place and limited menu all in French. However the waiter assured us that his translation and ability to answer any questions would be just fine. And it was. We were also a little stressed when we saw a large group come in. But the kitchen handled it just fine. My husband said it was the best terrine that he has ever had. I started with stuffed mushrooms and had a chicken dish that was outstanding. I opted for a local dessert...cannot remember what it was but it was yummy. Service was friendly and food was excellent. Would recommend and would go back.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Just in the back of Stanislas square. In summer time the street is reserved for pedestrians and cycles. Terrasse is nice and cosy. When we arrived, reception was nice but I expected it more friendly (some French touch). Food is really creative, tasty and surprising but from what we experienced always expressive. Also good value for money.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

An anynomus looking restaurant in the restaurant area of Nancy, France.

Here they have spesialiced in old resepies from France, Poland and Hungary. Both the way of cooking and the ingreediences are inspired from these old, old resipies. 200 years ago potatoes wasn't a part of the french couisine, ....... The chef answerd all our (stupid) questions with knowledge an patience, and made the whole visit something we will remember.

1  Thank Elisabeth B
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Having read good reviews, we visited this restaurant for a midweek lunch. The interior looked nice, but as it was a hot, sunny day we chase one of the two outside tables although they are next to a fairly busy and smelly road and the outside of the restaurant is rather decrepit. The menu was innovative and interesting, the service prompt and friendly and the amuse bouche promising. But then the meal came... My wife chose an artichoke fricassee which turned out to oily and bland. My chicken salad was fresh and colourful, with a multitude of flowers. My wife had pintade as her main dish, acceptable but very routine. My ris de veau was fatty and too heavily breadcrumbed. There was a wide and interesting collection of vegetable side dishes, but they were overcooked and stodgy. I had the distinct impression that the menu had been written by somebody who understood a lot more about food than the person / people who cooked it.

1  Thank Tony E