“Tres bien mangé !!!!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Very well organized kitchen. Super service. And most important: excellent food! I asked if they could do something for me outside the menu and, even though the place was full, they did and it was beautiful. They made me a salad with hot and cold foie gras with all kinds of nuts (including pistachio) with toasted fig bread. Everything at a very reasonable price! If ever I pass through Metz l will definitely go back! Highly recommended!
Price quality hard to beat!

2  Thank RHvD
There are newer reviews for La Table de Pol

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were on a schedule to get to the ferry in Zeebrugge, but still no excuse to eat badly en route. We were rewarded for our research to step in this small, friendly, local restaurant. Though the menu had many promising options, in the interests of time and adventure, we opted for the two plat du jours at lunch. You could already smell that sauerkraut was on the menu and it was accompanied by hearty smoked sausage, absolutely lovely, more food than I could eat for 10 euros. The real prize was a bed of mixed seafood covered by a pasta sheet with veges, my husband raved. A coffee with a friand type morsel, and we were happily on our way. Would do it again anytime.

1  Thank TheConstantEater
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We first visited this restaurant about 5 years ago and have always wanted to go back. Taking a trip to Burgundy gave us the chance and we were very pleased we took it.
The ambiance, food and service was all good. quiet, confident service. no fuss, the food was allowed to take ot's place center stage and the chef made sure it did!
We will be back the next chance we have.

1  Thank RichBrookes
Reviewed 3 June 2013

the food is excellent , price/quality the best restaurant I visited in years .
i would recommend this restaurant to everyone

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Didn't have a reservation for the Saturday evening, showed up a little late and got the last table in this living room sized restaurant. It was like having dinner with an aunt. We gave the proprietor carte Blanche and had a wonderful evening. Again, foie gras, wines by the glass matched with care, a surprising selection of cheeses and nothing to complain about. We paid a reasonable € 140 for two, one menu, one a la carte, aperitif, wines with each course and coffee. In Amsterdam for food and service of this qualitv I'd paid double.

3  Thank Chris A