La Voile Blanche
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This restaurant makes for a relaxing stop during a trip to the museum. The decor is dark, but there is a tent room and in nice weather a beautiful terrace for dining. The food was delicious, with just the right proportion. The food was presented in a nice manner. Our waiter was particularly friendly. If I were visiting the museum again, the restaurant would be a definite stop.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

By mistake we make a reservation with prepayement at the wrong restaurant. We booked a table @ La Voile Blanche' Pompidou Metz instead La Voile Blanche Pompidou Paris .
When we arrived @ La Voile Blanche Pompidou Paris we discovered our mistake ... It was new year eve and by chance we get a table and we had a marvellous evening .
When we requesed the refund from La Voile Blanche Metz, after 3 months and various calls and emails , their Director M. Stein denies to refund us ... Very bad attitude

3  Thank xaviercap
Reviewed 27 December 2011

good food, good prices, good service… what else do you want ?

1  Thank Nicolas F
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Quite a peculiar setting : you got one "inside" extremely dark area ; and one "terrace-like with a view with white atmosphere => choose what tickles your fancy

The food (including their pseudo burger is fine, good but pretentious in is denomination and presentation)
their wine list is narrow, they do carry though some local wines (quite cheap and interesting, albeit not to die for)

Service... well you're in France so it is poor (we waited an hour before we had our kids menu served) ; they actually seem to have some kitchen issues, because the waiter was actually quite nice and trying to make up for it (giving away coffees and digestives (I do recommend the "Mirabelle")

1  Thank imardell
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I made a reservation at La Voile Blanche before reading the other reviews here and nearly canceled it afterward in a panic. However, I'm thankful I didn't. My mother and I had a late lunch (2 PM reservation), each ordering from the 25 Euro set menu (2 options each course) with a delicious bottle of Sauternes that we never had to pour ourselves. Our waiter spoke English, and was nice about it. The appetizers (a trout and leek salad, a country pate) were delicious. The main courses (a chicken in sauce, a veal dish) were both more than acceptable. The iles flottantes were lovely and my apple tart was passable. I found the service kind though a wee bit rushed. I think that had to do with our 2 PM seating, but nice French restaurants never rush you even with a late seating. Our bill, with an expensive bottle, was less than 100 Euro and I believe well worth it. It's too bad that other people had bad experiences here; I found it really quite delightful.

1  Thank jennieerin73