“Good place for exploring Mety”

Residhome Metz Lorraine
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Metz
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have spent here just 1 night, but I can say that next time we will choose same hotel
So why? Hotel is near to main train station and not far away from city center. Hotel has own parking place, and receptionist was very helpfull wit all our question, She recommended what to see in Metz even if we will stay not full 1 day. Apaprment was according the hotel price level, so not surprise there. free wifi provided

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The rooms are fine, clean and pretty sizeable, with a ktichenette. Bonus points for being pet friendly. The thing I thought was ridiculous was the check in procedure. the website says you can check in after 3 PM. IT says this at the sign on the door. The thing is, the lobby is closed from 2 PM to 430 PM. So you check in, but you can't get into the lobby, and no one is there until 430 PM, so you can't check in. Huh? I thought the same. Once you check in, they give you a code to open the door regardless of whether the lobby is attended. But you don't have this upon booking, so you won't be able to get in (no that that matters because they didn't have the keys out waiting for anyone who may attempt to check in in that 3PM to 430 PM window. Likewise, you can check out until noon, but there is no one there after 11 AM, so if you need any assistance beyond leaving the keys, you are SOL.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Nice place to stay in Metz!!! Best localization, Metz-Lorraine Residence is situated in a quiet setting very close to train Station (GARE).
Elegant and balanced Germanic architecture, and its private patio.

Made up of studios and one-bedroom suites, the warm decor of the bright apartments will make your stay even more pleasant, with a fully-equipped kitchen, flat-screen television, office area...

Room Tip: Choose best rooms in front of the Rue Lafayette! Best view...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank allysson_mec
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent priced hotel! Spacious and modern room, amazing staff (Pierre reserved a nice restaurant for us and Stephanie was really friendly and helpful), clean, very well located in a calm street nearby the train station where you can walk easily to many parts of the town. Good, spacious and not expensive private parking. For people that are complaining that they do not clean or change towels, it is written on the door of this APARThotel. They charge for it, because you are renting an apartment, not a room. Pay attention!

If I have to say something, might be only the lack of the AC, Metz is not that hot, but some people might prefer (like me, even if I have to pay a bit more).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeonardoMG
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine, a short walk from the station if backpacking, as we were. Room was pretty clean, a bit noisy as it was facing the station, but livable with ear plugs. My major beef with this hotel is with their booking/prepayment procedures. I booked 2 rooms back in February, one for me and one for my friends. The information on booking.com led me to conclude that both rooms were prepaid (not preauthorised, which is common) and therefore no payment would be required on our arrival. My friends paid me up front. My friends arrived before me and to their understandable surprise, were asked to pay for their room, which they did, as well as for breakfast. All charged to my friend's card. Upon my arrival I queried this, showing them the documentation from booking.com, which clearly stated that prepayment had been taken. Upon checking my card transactions, it turned out that payment had not been taken. A lengthy conversation ensued, after which I paid for the room. Upon our return, I checked my card statement. The hotel had not only charged me for my room, they had also refunded money to me for the breakfasts that my friends hadn't taken to my account, because, according to my friend, they could only refund it to the card on the original booking, despite my friend having paid for it on her card. What a ridiculous, confusing and potentially friendship-straining system. This should have been made very clear on the booking.com website. It's not prepayment, it's preauthorisation! Misleading stuff. Not happy.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Geekgirl70
Reviewed 13 December 2012

While traveling to visit my son who was studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine, I need a place to stay in Metz for one night. I chose Residhome because of the location, but I would chose it again because of the staff. Yes, it's close to the train, which makes it convenient, but not loud. I was worried when I looked out my window and saw the train right there, but they don't make a sound. The room appeared to be well equipped, but I was only there one night so I did not use it much. Loved having the towel warmer to dry out my hand washed clothes! Very friendly staff. Good breakfast. If ever I find myself in Metz again, I would stay here. (while in Metz, don't miss the Cathedral. It would rival any church in France you see. My favorite by far ... and yes, i went to Notre Dame in Paris).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LMayNev
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Pleasant staff, well-kept reception, ideal localization close to the city center, and to the business and interesting sites

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank HEIBLE F