Since we could not get a reservation at IBIS HOTEL in Albi(constantly fully booked), we tried IBIS budjet hotel Albi for the first time, because some critics here on Tripadvisor have quite okay comments, and this one is right next to the Hotel Ibis regular one, with 52€ per night in Albi, we found it relatively acceptable.
The hotel is indeed right next to old city of Albi(5-10 min. walk), with private parking(5€ per day, much cheaper than public one and with video guard). The room is just as simple as "Formula 1"(for 3 persons: one double bed on ground and a bunk bed ), but with private small W.C. and showering cabinet, kind of squeezy but ok.
The bed is not really comfortable but okay for one night. The pillow is not really good enough so bring your own if you prefer. The room(we got 301) was fairly large which is a very positive. But It was just located above the parking and next to the elevetor so constantly some noises during the night.
The breakfast(5,95€ per person) was buffet but basic at the same time surely enough if you don't expect the "American style brunch".
The personnel were nice and when we had questions, they did try their best to answer us and gave us all the information that we needed.
In general, we are satisfied with our staying at Ibis Budget hotel in Albi. For:
1. private & video guard parking in downtown
2. close to all the touristic spots
3. good bargain price
4. room is clean and fonctional though basic, just as they state on their publicity
5. very correct service
6. breakfast buffet is simple but with reasonable charging.
Personally I would recommend this one if you want to stay just a night in Albi without spending too much money.
our staying 07/09~08/09 2013
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Budget Albi Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.