“Vegetarian (almost) oasis”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Surrey, UK
“Vegetarian (almost) oasis”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This area of France prides itself on a meat-based diet, featuring duck and foie gras. It is hard to find vegetarian courses let alone vegetarian restaurants. This one gets close - as it is based on Lebanese cuisine that has a high vegetable content - I'd guess about 80% of the menu is vegetarian. A bonus is that Lebanese wine is now very good.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DrChas

York, Uk
“Best lebanese restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have traveled in Mediterranean countries for a long time and I love Lebanese cuisine, so when I've seen this restaurant I didn't hesitate and I wanted to try it. It's still the best Lebanese restaurant I've tried so far.
Staff is friendly and the owner us great advice about the choice of our dinner. We took the "menu" and we were more than satisfied: the food was delicious, fresh and tasty. We had a lot of small (I say small but the portions weren't small at all!) different dishes and we couldn't ask for dessert, as our stomachs were full. Prices are honest, the restaurant is not expensive.
We left completely satisfied.

• Visited August 2011
France
“Good food, good service, good restaurant...!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We often go to Jafra, the owner is friendly and welcoming, the 18 euros menu offers a selection of 6 different mezzes (starters) and a main dish (meat or vegetarian), the food is fresh and delicious and the Lebanese wine.... excellent!

• Visited July 2011