“Albi - Bed and Breakfast”

Villa Hortus Clausus
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albi
Villa Hortus Clausus
Ranked #17 of 28 Albi B&B and Inns
Blarney, Co.Cork, Ireland
“Albi - Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I wanted to spend 2 days in Albi and decided against the usual, plain hotels that
seem to be typical of French decor'…We decided to chose a bed and breakfast as apposed to a hotel for that reason and having done some research, and read some reviews, we chose Villa Hostus Clausus. We were lucky to be able to reserve the Pergola Room (e85 p.room) with our very own large balcony, overlooking their very nice garden. The house itself is typical French, 3 stories high. Decoration is shabby chic - lots of antique ornaments,lots of old furniture but nice too…The house itself, is situated 2mins walk from the bridge, 22nd August (that's the name translated…really!! :) and about 10 mins, stroll, across the bridge from the museum, Toulus Lautrec and the palace. Many restaurants are situated in this area… Our room was spotlessly clean,in particular the bathroom (recently tiled I would say)-the balcony was very big, approx' 12ft x 12ft , and we were able to enjoy an evening glass of wine there before we went out for dinner. Bed was really comfortable…Linen sheets and pillowcases…Breakfast was either in the dining room or could have been had outside in the garden had the weather been warmer. Not an Irish/English breakfast will you get here, but hey! this is France but I must say, that after eating, I was starving an hour later and had to eat at a local café. Cornflakes was the only cereal, little bread, a small pastry cake on a plate awaited at my place setting ….All self service...but there was LOTS of different types of tea one could have chosen, but the hot water I poured myself from one of those flasks…Much paraphernalia on the table, lots of dishes, but I would have preferred more food to be honest…The key is electronic and is a swipe key so that we did not have to ring the bell to gain access into the house after a night out…Only thing I really did not like about the house, was the darkness everywhere it seemed (except our room which was really bright)…The sensor lights came on as one entered the hallway, stairs, landing etc…The house would look much better if somehow, the lights could be allowed to remain on. There were salon rooms which could have been used by us downstairs, but these were not introduced to us when we arrived and I did not feel comfortable going into them as a result because it seemed that they may have been used by the family too-maybe not? Would I go back again. Probably, if I were ever in Albi again to stay, but 2 days were enough to see what I wanted to see.

Room Tip: The 'Pergola' room was perfect..Big with large balcony which had a circular table and bench...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were delighted with our spacious room, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Lots of lovely little touches including bathrobes and slippers. Bathroom and separate toilet clean and well-stocked. Terrace was very large and overlooked the beautiful gardens - a perfect place to sit and have a glass of wine before going out for dinner. The location was also great - at first we wanted to stay on the other side of the river closer to the centre of Albi, but were really glad we didn't. It was literally just past the bridge, we could park just outside and we enjoyed the views as we crossed back. It was only a 10 minute walk to the centre and the stunning cathedral. The hotel itself is kept dark inside and you have to keep putting temporary lights on which was a bit tiresome and we didn't see much of the proprietors. The breakfast was more varied than most French breakfasts and we enjoyed sharing it in the company of other guests. It was more than we had wanted to pay but well worth it. We ended up being glad that cheaper places were full!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple