“A Little Gem”

Hotel Les Pasteliers
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Albi
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I'd never heard of Albi until I went there this July for a friends wedding and it is truly a lovely place. Our trip was made all the better by staying at this hotel.

I travelled with my husband and my brother and his girlfriend. We went on a train adventure taking the train all the way from the London to Albi, so we arrived very late at the hotel. They accommodated this need for a late check-in no problems.

Each room is decorated differently which is a nice touch and shows how much thought has gone into this hotel.
If you like sleek modern hotels, this is probably not for you. This has a charm with lots of vintage touches, but there are a lot of design touches too - you'll spot what looks like a Kartell lamp or chair.

The bedroom we had was lovely, nicely decorated with possibly the biggest bed I'd seen - the Free Wi-Fi was a great touch and super useful.

It's a very small town so this hotel is within walking distance of all the sights.

This hotel is rated as a two-star but it is way above it's star rating - no wonder it is the No.1 hotel for Albi!

The staff and owners were lovely and friendly and we had no complaints!
I would definitely stay here again if I was ever in Albi again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRIPS888

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Quirky but lovely hotel 5-10 mins walk from the old town in Albi. Rooms could do with a bit of soundproofing but very clean and also has free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank sweeneytLondon
Reviewed 13 November 2009

The location of the hotel, in a down-at-heel, characterless street is not very encouraging. However, you soon find you are only 5 minutes' walk from the old historic centre of Albi, while the hotel itself is quiet, comfortable and just a bit quirky. Each of the rooms appears to be themed, and are reasonably spacious. The free wifi internet was handy - and it was a rare pleasure in a French hotel to have tea/coffee making facilities.
Parking is free in the adjacent square. We were assured it was safe - and so it proved (at least, for us!).
All in all, a friendly and cosy place to stay - but don't expect any frills.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlKronos
Reviewed 11 July 2009

There is nothing flashy about this hotel. For one or two nights it is perfect. The town is very interesting.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2009

A charming hotel in the centre of a charming city. Really, the best option in Albi. The room are not large but very practical and comfortable...canopy bed, shower cabin, A/C, decorated in good taste furniture.
The owners make you feel like in your home and they welcome you friendly ( that´s is very important for us in order to choose hotel: i appreciate a smile after a long travel by car when you arrive tired...
Is possible to park in a closed building near the hotel; the owner comes with you and he gives you the key of the parking.
So, without a doubt, we´ll return to Les Pasteliers.

1  Thank jma43
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This was the first time I ever felt let down by TripAdvisor. We booked late for a somewhat last minute vacation to London, Barcelona and southern France. Most of the highest rated places were not available at that late date except for Les Pasteliers in Albi. I was happy to book it, but disappointed when we arrived. I know being American we expect huge rooms, but it wasn't the size that disappointed. I'd call the place worn and droopy. It was clean and I was pleased that I could make coffee in the room, but the even the cups provided were cheap, flimsy small plastic cups I couldn't even hold on to once the hot coffee was in them. The beds were worn and weak, the decorations were second-hand store variety. We had a "superior" room that did have a bit more room than the others, and a terrace, but with no view whatsoever. The staff was indeed friendly, but they didn't bother to point out the free internet in the lobby that we saw only as we left. So, I'd have to mark them down for that.

3  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Les Pasteliers is a well-run, friendly, clean, and comfortable hotel very close to the medieval city center. It is only two blocks from the center and there is free parking in a plaza a very short distance from the hotel. The breakfast was very good: great cafe au lait, juice, cereal, yogurt, brie, baguette, croissants, butter, Bonne Maman jams. The only drawback for us is that we opted for a room (308) with a spa shower and it was on the third (U.S. fourth) floor. It's a walkup hotel (49 steps), so baggage was a shlep, but the manager carried my wife's baggage up for her. Our room was very quiet, although you can easily hear noise in the hallway, but that never ended up being a problem for us. I noted that the rooms on the floor below us had private terraces. The only other thing I didn't like was that the walk to the city center is not very pretty. The manager was very helpful and recommended two good restaurants for us. (Le Clos Ste. Cecile and Les Robinsons - the former was better). The hotel has free wifi in the room. Wash cloths are not provided. Only a small soap is provided. Two small bottles of bath gel/shampoo are provided. There is a hair dryer and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. The room had lots of electrical outlets. The bed was very comfortable. The room has individual air conditioning. The room price was very reasonable. All-in-all I recommend this choice as a fine choice for visiting the medieval center of Albi.