“A must-go !”
Review of Eglise St-Michel

Eglise St-Michel
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I must admit I wasn't planning to go to this place but it was wonderful when I got there. The landscape to get there is breathtaking and whenever you see that little town on the top of a hill, you can just think of how amazing it must be to be there, and once you reach it, you can just admire it ! It is a beautiful little town that you can visit in one day !!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Cordes sur Ciel is about an hours drive from Toulouse. We took a very scenic route where for kilometres we drove past vine fields and avenues of Plane trees famous in this area of the Midi. As it's name implies the village is high up and often surrounded by cloud, but, the day of our visit was clear and bright. It is a charming medieval town and had the feeling of being quite unspoilt. We preferred it to Carcassonne because of this. A good choice of places to eat and lots of little roads and lanes to wander around made for a memorable days visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

About 1 hour 20 min drive from Toulouse and well worth it. Steep climb up cobblestone road to the top but truly worth it. This has been one of my favourite stops in south west France this trip. Very memorable, postcard quality views through cobblestone streets across vineyards and country side vistas... we ate lunch in main town opposite the entry to the old town Le Bistrot Cordais with a large terrace out the back. Highly recommend the gambas flambees a l'anis. Amazing dish - huge prawns with a garlic sauce on bed of vegies. Couldn't believe it was only 15 Euros. Definitely visit if you can.

2  Thank Kate A
Reviewed 16 March 2013

What a charming hill-side town! You can see it from a distance and it just says, "Come and explore my nooks and crannies." The town had been recommended to us by a friend in Toulouse. It is an easy drive from Toulouse for a day trip. Since we went in Feb., had the place pretty much to ourselves but it was a bright sunny day so did have the opportunity for a picnic. What a beautiful view to enjoy while we ate. My friend and I then wandered the winding streets happy that we were off season and not being bumped and jostled by crowds. Some shops were open and I understand this is quite an artist community so some unique items are offered. MaThera (20 rue Saint Michel) was a quaint shop offering all handmade items in the famous Blue de Pastel. The woman working there spoke good English and was helpful and enthusiastic about her products. Just a delightful store to browse around and learn about this famous blue color. Since it was winter, no little train transportation was offered. Also note, there is no free parking that we could find anywhere and believe me we looked!! However, there is a free public bathroom. There are also tables here and there for picnics. You won't be sorry to stop for a few hours to explore this charming French town.

1  Thank karen b
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Cordes-sur-Ciel is an incredible city. The walk to the top is a bit steep but the views of the countryside are amazing. The view of the city from the bottom is also very impressive. We drove here from Toulouse and the countryside on the way was beautiful. We really enjoyed the trip to Cordes-sur-Ciel and I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank jmarte05