Hotel-Residence Saint Jean
Hotel Paradis(Lourdes)
  • Pool
Tara Hotel(Lourdes)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsself cateringhotel breakfastfront officewithin easy reachpots and panscroissantsthe riverby footclean roomsstayed nightsminute walkdouble bedkitchenetteapartmentreceptionkeygrotto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We chose this hotel because of its location being a short walking distance to the Grotto at Lourdes. We had a good view of the river from our room with a balcony. There was a kitchenette in the room and you could borrow a utensils kit for 20 Euro refundable on check-out. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with advice. The free wi-fi was excellent and worked well with iphone as well with android operated mobiles. Good breakfast for the price-open buffet. Good value for money. We shall return to Lourdes and stay at this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I picked this place because hotels.com said it had a kitchenette and, most importantly, a coffee maker! That's not standard in France but it's something I care about so I looked for it. When I paid the 20EU deposit for kitchen gear, there was nothing for coffee so I asked if it was already in the room. It wasn't, so the friendly people scoured the supply room. They gave me a coffee pot without a machine AND without filters. I explained that it wouldn't work without a machine or filters and they concluded that the best solution was that *I* should go buy filters! They were even kind enough to draw a map to the super several minutes' car drive away where *I* could go get the necessary equipment to make the coffee their website advertised as being onsite. I told them I’d picked them bc the website said there was a coffee machine but it mattered not. I bought the filters just around the corner and left them there with the front desk staff, requesting that they offer them to future guests. I have no idea if they will do so, but please check your kitchen "kit” if you make a deposit! We enjoyed 3 days there appreciating a good location and friendly staff. I didn't want to move, but saw that for only 10-20 euros more we could have been much more comfortable elsewhere-- with coffee in our rooms that we didn't have to work for! Room was shabby but clean. Staff was great but I'll stay elsewhere next time. My guess is management doesn't oversee details much and staff does their best with what they have. P>S> You really don't need a kitchenette in Lourdes unless you have special diet requirements or will stay for more than 3 days. Otherwise, you save little by "cooking" "at home."

Room Tip: It's ok in the end, thanks to good staff. Not the best pick, though. Cleaning good, maintenance bad... Also, I like hard mattresses but these were almost too hard for me!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Since we first stayed at this apartment residence 4 years ago, it is now under third owners. It is convenient but needs to be thoroughly gone through and all fixtures replaced when they are broken. Floor needs to be thouroughly cleaned, preferably with power washers.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hugh P
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed here last year and would never return. The rooms were tiny, the air con didn't work and they lost our booking so ignored a request for our two rooms to be on the same floor (not even adjacent just on the same floor) and they tried to overcharge us. Fortunately I kept a copy of our booking. It took 6 requests and 3visits before the staff believed the air con didn't work, and 3 days to fix. Our 2 year old had a chest infection and the heat was contributing to his ill health. The studio we were told was big enough clearly wasn't and one evening when I set up the baby monitor so I could sit downstairs after he had gone asleep to read all was fine. The next night all the bulbs were removed from the lamps and when I asked about it both in French and English I got told I couldn't sit there after 8 o clock! When I asked why I got the previous sentence repeated. Poor service and they tried to rip us off. Oh lastly, to try and use the laundry they say you can is a nightmare of timing and access. They go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome. A huge drop in standards since it opened as a citea. Not our first stay there, definitely our last.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere and walk a bit!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mlizLiverpool
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our trip from Paris Montparnasse station to Lourdes on 2 Apr by TGV train took almost 7 hrs. It was off peak and we waited 10 mins for a taxi to fetch us from Lourdes train station to Antipodes Hotel. Journey is only 5 mins and costs euro 15.

This is a basic hotel with no frills but each room though tiny is equipped with a tiny kitchenette. We managed to cook spaghetti for our dinner. Our rooms offered a great view of the river Gave.

Opposite our hotel on the right is a bakery shop where we bought baguettes and delicious croissants for breakfast. A 15 mins walk towards the right of the hotel leads to the centre of town where there is a McDonald, a covered market, cafes, pharmacies, boutiques and a supermarket called Monoprix.

The grotto is a 5 mins walk. On the way to the grotto there are many souvenir shops selling religious articles and containers to fill the spring water.

Overall, Antipodes Hotel and Residences offer a good deal at Euro35 per room per night.

• Stayed: April 2012