“Very good choice”

Hotel-Residence Saint Jean
Ranked #74 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent reception, staff availability and location: Hotel very clean and quiet room with magnificent views of the river and with balcony, fitted free wifi in the room, bathroom with bathtub and hairdryer kitchenette. Excellent breakfast, I can say about this 2-star hotel but equivalent 4 stars. Staff very helpful, and I recommend I go back.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The welcome is friendly, very good choice of hotel, very well located. Parking near the hotel. The room is clean and contains a kitchen. Very quiet, very friendly manager. I will come back ...... I recommend it!

Room Tip: Everything is wonderful..!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I spent 2 days in this Hotel and everything was so perfect, Personnel, room, cleanliness, view, free Wireless conection, quite, not far from the Grotto so all the positive things that I was looking for.
You are the best in Lourdes I think and We are coming back really soon. Hopefully that you are not completely full, God bless You, thanks for everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank olsi_gjilan
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it have a walking distance from Grotto at Lourdes, the rooms had nice view and the staff was very nice. If we go back in Lourdes we will choose the same hotel over and over again.
Has kitchenette that is very useful with kids.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SokoloS
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We chose this hotel because of its location being a short walking distance to the Grotto at Lourdes. We had a good view of the river from our room with a balcony. There was a kitchenette in the room and you could borrow a utensils kit for 20 Euro refundable on check-out. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with advice. The free wi-fi was excellent and worked well with iphone as well with android operated mobiles. Good breakfast for the price-open buffet. Good value for money. We shall return to Lourdes and stay at this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I picked this place because hotels.com said it had a kitchenette and, most importantly, a coffee maker! That's not standard in France but it's something I care about so I looked for it. When I paid the 20EU deposit for kitchen gear, there was nothing for coffee so I asked if it was already in the room. It wasn't, so the friendly people scoured the supply room. They gave me a coffee pot without a machine AND without filters. I explained that it wouldn't work without a machine or filters and they concluded that the best solution was that *I* should go buy filters! They were even kind enough to draw a map to the super several minutes' car drive away where *I* could go get the necessary equipment to make the coffee their website advertised as being onsite. I told them I’d picked them bc the website said there was a coffee machine but it mattered not. I bought the filters just around the corner and left them there with the front desk staff, requesting that they offer them to future guests. I have no idea if they will do so, but please check your kitchen "kit” if you make a deposit! We enjoyed 3 days there appreciating a good location and friendly staff. I didn't want to move, but saw that for only 10-20 euros more we could have been much more comfortable elsewhere-- with coffee in our rooms that we didn't have to work for! Room was shabby but clean. Staff was great but I'll stay elsewhere next time. My guess is management doesn't oversee details much and staff does their best with what they have. P>S> You really don't need a kitchenette in Lourdes unless you have special diet requirements or will stay for more than 3 days. Otherwise, you save little by "cooking" "at home."

Room Tip: It's ok in the end, thanks to good staff. Not the best pick, though. Cleaning good, maintenance...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Since we first stayed at this apartment residence 4 years ago, it is now under third owners. It is convenient but needs to be thoroughly gone through and all fixtures replaced when they are broken. Floor needs to be thouroughly cleaned, preferably with power washers.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family