“the staff make this hotel”

Hotel Mediterranee Lourdes
Ranked #32 of 186 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 29 May 2014

the hotel is well situated and all of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The main problem has been obtaining vegetarian food. I stayed full board for one week and breakfast was Ok ( croissant and bread on the table and a selection of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, cheese and boiled egg) but other meals- oh dear! Several days I was forgotten until one of the managers made me a sign for the table saying UN PAX VEG, even with the sign I had the most random selection of food imaginable including a memorable cold crepe cut into triangles with grated carrot and aubergine and a stack of mashed potato, tomato ketchup and cold vegetables that had been served for lunch. This is such a shame as the food that the rest of my group had looked lovely

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank year2000

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from Lourdes after a lovely 5days staying at the Hotel Mediterranee. The hotel was excellant. The food portions were good and the choice was better than other hotels that I have stayed at in Lourdes. The staff from the Manager down were great and very helpful. For anyone who likes parades, bands and marching this is something not to be missed. Military come to Lourdes from all over Europe for these 5 days. To walk behind the Pipes and Drums Band and the young men and woman of the Irish Defence Forces was a wonderful sight as they marched down to the Grotto. It would make you proud to be Irish when you see how they were impeckably turned out. Joe Walsh Tours arrange this Pilgrimage every year. If you are considering a visit to Lourdes in 2015 this is well worth coming to see and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Murray12
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went last year as a help for disabled people with ACROSS. We arrived and straight away the staff were so welcoming. Food is lovely, and the staff will do their best to accommodate everybody! It's near the shops and the grotto and the rooms are although reasonably basic, lovely! I had an amazing week thanks to the staff, always smiling and there to help you. Wifi can be bought too which I liked! Will be back next July.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in a triple and appreciated the warm welcome and helpful staff, the good location walkable to the Grotto but away from the tourist frenzy, and the neat and clean rooms. Furnishings are basic, the air conditioning was somewhat temperamental, wifi was great in the lobby but not so much in the room, and bed quality varied-- one bed in our room was very comfortable while the other was not. Convenient gift shop off the lobby with a guest discount and large selection. Didn't eat in the hotel. View of the river is stunning but also hope that the hotel was not badly affected by the recent flooding. Would return!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank EWL930
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I took my two sons for an overnight to Lourdes and we stayed at the Mediterranee. The greating upon arrival was grand and the manager remembered my name every time he saw us. My two boys aged six and four had an enjoyable stay and they especially liked the food (good portions, great French Fries).

The staff really was superb and accommodating in every way. It is three star hotel with five star service. The rooms are clean and well kept. The bathrooms are a nice size, and have tubs; a necessity when washing youg lads. And the room rate, which we got through booking.com was more than reasonable.

The walk to the Grotto was only ten minutes, even with two boys who were easily distracted every step of the way. We had a wondrous time and would be delighted to stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick D
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Most of the previous reviews seem to be in line with what I experienced. So, you can expect a good stay at a reasonable price. If I go back to Lourdes, I will certainly stay here again.

I most appreciated the service given by Serge, the front desk clerk. I dealt with him several times during our three day stay and the service he provided was exceptional. I felt like I was an important customer at an expensive European five star hotel. He is definitely a cut or two above the average hotel front desk employee.

My only problem this hotel, other than noisy hotel employees in the morning, was that the WIFI would not reach our room on the fifth floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MrMikeAppleValley
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We arrived in Lourdes from Malaysia/singapore directly via a change at Orly Aiport to take a domestic flight. We took a cab to the hotel. The hotel is located by the river and its a pretty nice hotel. The location is about 15 mins away from the Church but a nice comfortable walk ..
The reception was great.. very hospitable and we were given a nice room, comfortable. Although the WC is separated from the bathroomm otherwise its perfect for a short stay. Breakfast was simple but had the variety one need. And very efficient.
I would like to recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Lourdes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple