“Amazing”

Ranked #16 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

The staff was lovely , service was brilliant. The Rooms were spotless maids came in and cleaned them everyday. Lovely bar and restraunt , The food was lovely , they catour for both vegitarien and non vegitarien.
Everyroom has a nice view , If your room is at the front of the hotel you will have the view of the river wich run's through all of the town, if your are at the back of the hotel your view will be of the mountains.
Some rooms are acomerdated ith balconeys, Soom rooms have an upstairs , bathroom's are very clean and newly ferbished.
Its a 10 minute walk to the main part of lourdes were the church is, shops are very cheap but good quality.
Overall I would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Sarah169

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We stayed in Lourdes as part of a trip in Northern Spain and took the opportunity to cross the Pyrenees and visit Lourdes.
As we had some trouble finding a hotel at the time we wanted, and with parking, we stayed at the Hotel Alba.
This is a basic hotel with rooms that are quite small, but comfortable and reasonably priced.
However, we do not regret making the detour as the visit to Lourdes is a must-do experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
australia
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We were extremely happy with this hotel, very clean, comfortable, great location, only a ten minute walk to the grotto. Free wi fi. The staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. There is a beautiful piety shop in the main enterance, and we were very impressed with the staff, who went out of their way to help us and organise a parcel to be sent back to Perth Western Australia. The food was great, I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubbybranch
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Poor standard of room, with a noisy toilet that woke us up several times in the night. Very basic room, only one plug socket working; in the bathroom!
Breakfast was terrible! We paid 16 Euro for a stale croissant and half a french stick, which was also stale.
Wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank ESHMcr
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I have just come back from my sixth visit to Lourdes, and my first time to stay in The Alba. It is the best hotel I have stayed in here and the only one where I didn't have to supplement the menu with expensive eat outs. They really make an effort to feed you and make you feel at home. The staff couldn't do enough to help you indeed, and the only small quibble is that room service left me with no towels one evening. They were so gracious in putting the situation right, and the one hand towel delivered to my door was I know a case of lost in translation! The rooms were basic but comfy and pleasantly peaceful. I recommend The Alba, you will be made to feel right at home.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank seasidedg70
Salisbury, Wilts.
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We stayed at the Alba as part of the International Military Pilgrimage last week. The whole experience was amazing. Lourdes is a beautiful place, very spiritual and emotive. in spite of so many people being in one place there was nothing but friendliness and helpfulness displayed by everyone we met.

The Alba is a good 3 star hotel. We took my elderly , wheelchair bound father with us and, as the room originally allocated to him was unsuitable (shower in the bath etc) they immediately reorganised things, in spite of the hotel being full, to give him a more suitable room. In the end his room was nicer than ours!

The rooms are pretty standard for this type of hotel, but the beds are comfy and the food is excellent (full board is a must, in my opinion, as Lourdes is very expensive). On one occasion though we were offered brunch instead of breakfast and lunch. This is not a good option because the brunch is pretty much the same as breakfast, just served later, so I would recommend you to pass on that. The aircon wasn't working too well in our room, which was a disappointment as the weather was very warm, but the staff were always pleasant and helpful and spoke good english.

I think the hotel is well placed location-wise. It's a bit away from the centre of things, but not too far to walk and is much quieter (Lourdes never seems to sleep!) I'm sure it would be impossible to sleep in a hotel in the middle of the town.

I would return if I went back again and would be happy to recommend The Alba to others.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank melbermar
heckmonddwike
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I have visited lourdes 17 times in the past six years, I have stayed at the Alba each time, From my very fist stay until my last i have never found anything to complain about, The standard has been constant . The Manager Phillipe Hernalsteen and all his staff cannot do enough for you, The all go out of their way to make sure you stay is memorable, The restaurant is exellent with a good variety to suit everyone, The rooms and all reception areas are spotlessly clean to a very high standard, I will be travel to Lourdes at least twice in 2010 and will definatley be staying at the Alba. If you are looking for a hotel in Lourdes i certainly recommend The Alba, You will not be disappointed.
Roger