“Average, comfortable hotel”

Ranked #33 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
bristol
“Average, comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We stayed in this hotel last month and I found thought it was fine.

First the good points
– The location was excellent,
- The room I had was clean and comfortable (but nothing special)
- The hotel presented well and didn’t feel ‘tired’ or look shabby

On the downside
- The car park was incredibly tight– I couldn’t manoeuvre the car into my allocated space so had to park in someone else’s. If I went again I would prob try and park somewhere else.
- The staff at front desk weren’t particularly helpful – (didn’t recognise their A-Card loyalty program and misled us about when our room would be ready)
- The breakfast was mediocre

On balance I probably would stay here again but not before looking around for a better deal elsewhere first. Finally I should add that one member of our group had stayed in lots of the hotels in Lourdes and said that this was one of the best he had come across.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
manila
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Average for cleanliness, service, location, value and rooms.
I would just like to advise travelers to avoid using the front office safety deposit box because it is not reliable.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank vbr0920
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 13 October 2007

We arrived in Lourdes through the airport which is shared by Lourdes and Tarbes. The taxis are also specific to either of the two places. There are also very few, even within Lourdes. There were only 3 taxis on hand for a plane full of people when we arrived. People ended up sharing, but others had to wait for more than an hour for the next batch. So, if time is of the essence for you (and you don't mind the cost), I suggest you request the hotel to arrange for transport (both ways). We ended up asking the Air France desk (departure area 2nd floor) to call a cab for us. During the ride there, we also arranged for her to pick us up the next day for our trip back to the airport (which was really a blessing, because the taxis going back to the airport were hard to find also).

The hotel is nice enough. It's 5 mins walk to the grotto. Has a mini market right next to it, if you want to buy your own drinks or snacks. Some cafes and a lot of souvenir shops all along the way. But the hotel itself is kind of old. The room is quite small. I found the beds quite lumpy. But it was okay for a quick stay. Take note though that there are a lot of hotels to choose from in Lourdes. There are over 250 small hotels there, as we were told by the taxi driver.

The hotel shop has okay stuff, as a guest of the hotel you are entitled to 10% discount. But I believe it would be best to scout around among the other souvenir shops, if you're looking for the best price. The differences are quite big.

• Stayed October 2007
2 Thank Clar82
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We stayed in the Mercure Lourdes Imperial for three nights. it is definitely one of the better hotels in Lourdes. Amidst the religious kitsch shops this hotel offers a nice haven of calm and tranquility. The staff are very friendly. The room had a decent bathroom and well-functioning airconditioning. Plus points : good location (5 min walk from the Grotto and an excellent location as entry point into the Pyrennees Mountains - Gavarnie : 1 hour drive; Pont d'Espagne 1 hour drive); Nice view (over the Gave river if given a room at the front; Passable restaurant; Good airconditioning; quiet - Minus points : hotel is a bit older; the view if given a room at the back;

• Liked — Good deal : price/location/room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc A
Johannesburg
Reviewed 15 June 2007

The room that we were allocated to in this hotel was the second smallest hotel room that we have stayed in in Europe to date. However, the room offered a spectacular view of the river and the Pyrenees. The bathroom reminded us more of a three star than a four star hotel (which the hotel professes to be). In addition, when toilets were flushed elsewhere in the building, the sound of gushing water was very loud and kept us awake during the night.

The hotel is well situated in the town of Lourdes with easy access to the shrine, shops and restaurants. The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

• Liked — The lovely view from our window
  • Disliked — Small room and old bathroom
  • Stayed May 2007
1 Thank B&OSA
London
Reviewed 5 December 2006

The hotel is in a good central location and I booked the hotel thinking that it is going to be good. I checked into the hotel and went to my room. Although the room looked decent, it was a lot smaller than a lot of the 3* hotels I've stayed before. I opened the bathroom and I was put-off by the smell. It was so bad that I couldnt go inside. I went to the reception and complained that it was smelling. Instead of helping me, these were responses given by the person in the reception

1. No one has ever complained about any smell
2. There are no rooms with double bed free, if you want I will put you on a room with twin bed
3. I can get someone to check the room for you.

A hotel personel went and checked the room and said he couldnt smell anything odd and sprayed room freshner to mask the smell.

I went with my wife and didnt want to sleep on a single bed, that too while on a holiday.

The room had a/c and heating, however the a/c did not work and I was told that it works only in the summer. I use the air conditioner, hence opened the window for fresh air. Near the hotel building (within the campus) there was a huge noisy machine that disturbed my sleep..

I had to put up with this for 2 night and payed £90. The hotel spoiled my holiday and will not recommend anybody.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Please be prepared for rude responses if you want any service
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Bash123

Travellers are raving about these Lourdes hotels

Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 November 2006

Another spotlessly clean Mercure Hotel. Only 3 blocks walking to the religious shrine. Ask for a room overlooking the river. Pleasant & helpful staff, who spoke English, like most Mercure Hotels. I would only recommend Lourdes if you are visiting for the religious significance, which is an entirely different matter. However, the town immediately surrounding the shrine, is a depressing carnival atmosphere, filled with run-down buildings & tacky souvernir shops. They are redoing the central market, but the central city is very unimpressive to say the least.

Stayed October 2006