“Excellent hotel in Lourdes”

Au Berceau De Bernadette
Ranked #1 of 20 Lourdes B&B and Inns
“Excellent hotel in Lourdes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent staff! She helped us a lot planning our activities. The hotel is very close to the Grotte so you can practically go back to your room in between activities. We felt very safe and relaxed in the hotel. The breakfast is basic but is enough to start your day right. We definitely will stay in this hotel again and we highly recommend this hotel to our friends and everyone else. Thank you Elisabeth for your kindness and great hospitality!

Room Tip: Additional rooms are being refurbished so asked for those. However, the existing rooms are just fine...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guillermo F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Coolum Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Greeted by Elisabeth, host with friendly and warm welcome! No stairs to climb in this B and B, so easy for elderly travellers. Approx 8 minute walk to St Michaels gate at the Sanctuary and only slight hill. Situated in a nice part of town. Elisabeth has had a hotel before and wished to make her B and B more personal. Certainly is and tea, coffee in rooms, as well as a safe, hair dryer and our room had a small balcony with table and chairs. I thought the rooms would be noisy on Main Street, but triple glaze windows made it quiet. Heater worked in room for cool nights and French doors open for summer. No air on or fan.

The bathroom was small and shower cubicle abit of a squeeze for my over 6ft husband, but he managed! Hot water was a blessing! Beds comfy, clean and good sleep had by all.

Guest chapel with rosary and mass a surprise, but certainly blessed and cherish the rosary said with Elisabeth. For those wishing to have either independant or family pilgrammage or holiday, would highly recommend this B and B. Did not eat breakfast, but saw table set and looked great.

Would definitely stay again, felt very safe here and lone travellers would enjoy.

Room Tip: Pall four rooms are clean and tidy - choose a room with balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kipper22CoolumBeach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am going to start off by saying that there is no other place I could imagine staying in Lourdes France then here. From the start I was greeted by Elisabeth and she is a truly caring a supportive person. I have found my way back into Jesus, God, and my own faith. I felt as if this was my calling to have stayed here and meet Elisabeth. Battling cancer is hard for me but the accommodations couldn't be better and I had all the support. Any questions needed she was there. Any help I needed Elisabeth was there. She matter of fact wanted to make sure I had all the information needed for my stay and sat down with me to go over everything. And made sure I understood. There is a kitchen and table with 4 chairs including a balcony off to the side. We are able to put things in the refrigerator and she gave me a tag to put on my food which was name after a saint. I believe it was Saint Rita which was name after the room. There are only 4 rooms which are nice. The location couldn't be better. Off in a residential neighborhood but around the corner the main strip where it was really close to restaurants and religious souvenir shopping. Now of course the MAIN reason for my stay was it was close to EVERYTHING!!! It is only a 5 minute walk to the entrance to the Church and of course the Grotto is to the right along with the baths. I love the location. I must of went to the waters at least 3 times a day. And it was just to drink. I would bring a empty water bottle and drink from it because I was thirsty. I would leave Au Berceau De Bernadette several times a day (coming and going). Whether it was to freshen up. Eat my lunch in the Kitchen while listening to all kinds of scriptures from the Chapel inside the hotel. Oh and Elizabeth was great. Always concern and always with interesting conversations. There is no other place I could imagine staying then here. I had the best sleep too. I have not one thing negative to say. I have traveled around the world. Been to some fancy hotels, less fancy hotels, etc. etc. But this place will remain in its own category by itself because there is absolutely no other place to compare it to on Earth. Its just WONDERFUL!!! Thank-you Elizabeth. I will be contacting you for some water soon. Oh, and my 4 water bottles made it safe to Virginia, and Thanks again for the help in packing ;)

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VICTORIA R
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Un accueil bien chalereux dans un logis rempli de dévotion, de charité et de foi. Elisabeth nous a tant aidé à organiser notre séjour à Lourdes et a tout fait pour que nous nous soyons sentis à l'aise et chez nous. Les chambres sont confortables et charmantes avec toute convenance moderne. Le thé et la théière électrique étaient un grand bonus, ce que nous avons apprécié. Refuge calme et tranquille où on pourrait se reposer bien pour réfléchir de la richesse spirituelle et des grâces reçues à Lourdes. La foi d'Élisabeth remplit le logis comme une prière confiante. Pour moi, le Berceau de Bernadette est le logement de choix à Lourdes.

A very warm welcome in a hotel full of devotion, charity and faith. Elisabeth helped us organize our stay in Lourdes and did everything to make us feel at ease and at home. The rooms are comfortable and charming with every modern convenience. The tea and electric teapot were a great bonus, which we appreciated. A calm and tranquil refuge where you can rest well and reflect on the spiritual treasures and graces received at Lourdes. Elisabeth's faith fills the hotel like a confidant prayer. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am writing in English because I live in London. So if some English people want a nice, homely and quiet place to stay, they can find it easier to reed my comments.

Elisabeth is a friendly and helpfull host. As a demanding and spoiled girl, in my 50`s, I needed some "painkillers" and someone to speak about my pilgrimage, and she was there for me.

She makes us feel at home and the rooms are clean and decorated in a shabby chic way.
I will be back soon for sure.

Thank you Elisabeth!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Amanda W
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed 5 nights at Au Berceau De Bernadette in Lourdes 15-20 Oct 2013, we LOVED our stay there & would not stay else where. This precious lodging was St. Bernadette Grandfathers home!.The location is just perfect! the road leads you down to the main front enterance of the Sanctuary what a magnificant photographic views!. We received the best hospitality from our proffessional, loveliest accomodation manager Elizabeth, we were welcomed and well informed on events & were provided with helpful tourist maps, the property is spotless, airy, cosy & has a very comfortable bed with a balcony and a view, the decor is fresh, tasteful, good sun light. The accomodation is very much in keeping with the Spirit of Joy and Peace of Lourdes. We are truley greatful for this wonderful experiance, God Bless. Jenny & Amy Sydney Australia

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenny H
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Au Berceau De Bernadette for a week from 11 October to 18 October 2013. From the moment we stepped in, we got the feeling of being at home and immense peace. The place is very cozy and clean with a spiritual environment, the décor is good and elevating, all rooms are named. There was a nice small chapel and a dining room. Elizabeth was very kind, a good listener, a perfect hostess....more importantly she spoke in English and that really helped us. She guided us well from day one and was always available whenever we needed to talk to her. She was helpful throughout which made our stay perfect. We would not hesitate to recommend La residence Au Berceau De Bernadette to anyone who would like to stay in Lourdes, especially close to the sanctuary with plenty of restaurants and shops just down the lane. It is good to stay in an environment that is clean, tidy and peaceful with a perfect landlady. Elizabeth, thank you once again. God Bless... Warm regards, Lourdes & Cary, Dubai

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family