“Surprising”

Hotel Saint Etienne
Ranked #51 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This hotel really shocked me in a good way! I stayed here on 2011 when I did a week volunteering for the elderly and back then it was terrible. Looking at it now, it was just bliss using a shower that's clean and nicely maintained, the beds seem "new" and clean and in general it's a great hotel to stay in if you want a visit in Lourdes. The people who work here are great and is always helpful, despite the very limited English and French (me!) that goes on in the conversation. I wouldn't recommend the food here though and unfortunately there isn't much "nice" food choices to eat in Lourdes unless you venture a bit of walk from the centre.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Babydoll_Nexa
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint Etienne

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed at Hot St-Etienne on Dec. 2 and 3, 2012. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful. The room was standard size for French hotels and gave me enough space to put an overpacked bag, a large coat, and a large book bag down and still have space. The bathroom was clean and, the shower was a nice size. My room also had a french balcony which was very charming. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very close to the grotto and several restaurants. The season for Lourdes ends in late October so there were a lot of restaurants closed when I visited. But Hotel St-Etienne provided a delicious breakfast and was close to downtown restaurants that open all year round. It is also close to the Castle of Lourdes which is an awesome place to visit if you have time. Hotels can be really overpriced but this hotel is well priced, clean, and well located.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Yamiche A
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We had a wonderful stay for four days and complete with breakfast.the room was very clean and change of towels everyday and also bins emptied which is very important.
We were happy as we were able to keep in touch with the children as we had access to the Internet.
We would most definitely be returning to the hotel as service was first class.
Thank you to all your staff.

Room Tip: The location was excellent as my husband just had an operation it was easy to get to the sanctuary a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marylyn V
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We arrived on a record breaking hot day in August 98 degrees. The hotel and room was very nice and in a great location but no air conditioning and no fans. They were very helpful and let us cancel our one week reservation. Would recommend and would go back as long as it wasn't so hot out. Ceiling fans would be a great addition to the newly remodeled Hotel.

Room Tip: Only reason sleep quality is average is due to heat. Beds were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Found this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor and glad I made the right choice. My mom uses a wheelchair and this hotel met our needs- shower bench, elevator up to room, ramp to enter hotel, close proximity to the sanctuary (grotto). Plus free Internet. All needs were met.

Staff also helped to locate my daughter's luggage accidentally left behind at Orly airport's X-ray machine, my daughter's beloved stuffed animal was in that luggage... Hotel St. Etienne staff called the airport and helped to retrieve it. A plus in my book.

We found a great sandwich shop up the street. After exiting the hotel, turn right and head up. You'll walk maybe a block and a half. Look for the green "sandwich" sign on the left side. The woman who ran it was super friendly.

The sanctuary was less than 5 minutes away. We would have gotten there faster if we didn't stop and look at what the souvenir shops had. By the way, the hotel gives 10% off at their souvenir shop for hotel guests. If you want to take water from the grotto home, the bottles sold at all of the souvenir shops were leak proof. Just make sure to look under the cap to find a white plastic piece under the blue cap. I brought along ziplock bags to place the bottles in just in case of leakage. 4 planes all the way back to San Diego, CA and no leaks.

I traveled with my mom in a wheelchair and my 6 year old daughter. We absolutely loved Lourdes and want to return someday.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Rlacsina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here 3 years ago & stayed with them again in June 2012!
Prices were very reasonable 3 years & are still very reasonable now!
Value for money!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Ivy L
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Newly renovated hotel (3 weeks back)10 minutes away from the train station, very close to the church of Our Lady of Lourdes. David who was on front desk was very helpful. Staff is very pleasent and cheerful. Ideal for travellers who go on pilgrimage. Gift shops and restaurants are next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a room on the rear side. View is terrible but no noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo