“great accomodation at affordable price”
Review of Panorama Hotel

Panorama Hotel
Ranked #10 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Port Louis
“great accomodation at affordable price”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was looking for a place which was within walking distance from Lourdes sanctuary. This hotel served me right as it was just metres away from Lourdes. The hotel is very neat, cosy and the staff are so helpful. The convenience of this place was enhanced with the meals available and the range of menu for breakfast and dinner. I cannot comment for lunch as I did not have one. I can only say "THANK YOU TO THE STAFF. YOU PROVIDE EXCELLENT SERVICE AND GOOD HOSPITALITY"

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
Birmingham
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were relocated into the Panorama after Lourdes was devastated by floods for the second year running, but we could hardly have done better. Inside it is modern, functional and practical, and although we were only there for a single night we were looked after attentively by the caring staff. The room was excellent for a severely disabled person, and the ability to reserve a parking place so close to the Sanctuary was a godsend.
Lourdes is not a place to try to drive in except in case of desperate necessity. There are so many people drifting everywhere in the narrow streets with their unfathomable one-way system. I used two separate sat-nav systems, which disagreed fundamentally both with each other and all the street signs. It took us over an hour (literally) to escape from the town centre. Of course the place is magical, but the navigation information came from Narnia.
In all this, the hotel was a very welcome point of calm. And it is so close to the grotto that the hotel water supply seems to be exactly the same as the water you can get in the Sanctuary, which is clean-tasting and very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Brummie_Fiddlers
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Panorama Hotel is very well located just a stone's throw away from the sanctuary. Restaurants and shops are also close by. The room, although small, is clean and comfortable. There are several hotels which are also conveniently located but what makes Panorama Hotel stand out are the staff, especially Valerie, Valeria and Anne Marie. They speak English fluently and are very helpful. When I arrived early in the morning well before check-in time, my room was not yet available as the guest had not checked out yet. I was tired so I dozed off on the sofa in the lobby. Shortly after, a temporary room was arranged for me to leave my luggage and rest until my room was available. The staff assisted in many ways and were always so cheerful. Valerie in particular was witty and delightful to chat with. The staff did not make me feel like I was bothering them at all. I highly recommend Panorama Hotel because the staff are outstanding. If the breakfast were better, I would give excellent score on this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hotel: well located (just a few steps to the Sanctuary)
Room: clean, comfortable, secure, free wifi
Breakfast: good
Staffs: nice, friendly
We'll definitely stay at Panorama Hotel if we have a chance to go to Lourdes again. Thanks Valerie, thanks the reception and management staffs.

Great customer services!

Room Tip: good location and great customer service!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Great hotel. Management and staff attentive to our needs while there! Food was good, desserts even better. The scenery was picturesque and serene. The grotto was as beautiful as I had hoped, spending quite a bit of time there each and every day that I was there. Hope to go back again.

• Stayed November 2012
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were with a tour group and our original hotel was not available due to the flooding they had earlier. The hotel was well located. You could easily walk to The Grotto and cathedrals. We were only there one night but found the place to be clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy H
Sophie L, Directeur général at Panorama Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for visiting us. It's a pleasure for me and my staff to welcome you, I know that this event was destabilzing for many of visitors. So we did our best to arrange the new accomodation. See you very soon. Sincerely Yours. P. Saffores. Manager
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed in a single room, it was a good size, modern, clean and had a good view with balcony and safe. It was a little noisy a couple of nights. The front desk staff were excellent and did their upmost to help me with any queries/requests.

The breakfast was so so, and there was no tea/coffee making facilities in my room which is why I only gave it 4 stars. But this is quite common in French hotels.

It's a very short walk to the sanctuary, and the staff really were really excellent.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in 518, I heard everything that was going on in the room on the 6th floor above me!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lulufw
Sophie L, Responsable relations clients at Panorama Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back. We've worked on a new offer for the breakfast we have to set up this improved breakfast very soon. Hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you next time. Best regards.