“Stay Somewhere Else”

Ranked #143 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Davao City, Philippines
“Stay Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Walls are super thin, you can hear everything going on in the next room and hallways. Make sure your room is on a floor without children (well, except yours if you brought kids). Our floor had kids running around and people chatting late at night. We could not get sleep until they've slept as well. My other complaint is the bathroom. The shower curtain was flimsy -- after taking a bath the floor becomes flooded. I had to strategically position myself for it not to happen again. I am writing this review with their free wifi, but could only be accessed in the lobby floor. I guess we got what we paid for, but I'm pretty sure there are better options out there. It wasn't a total nightmare, but I would not come back for sure.

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank druesome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 March 2011

we stayed for 3 nights. Reasonable size and clean room and great service from all employees. We were allowed to watch TV on the big screen in the bar although closed due to low season.
good free wifi in rooms
was told that the hotel will be renovated soon.
Reception gave us all the info and more about what is to be done in and around Lourdes.
good location as close to the Sanctuary on foot.
will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank worldtraveller98765
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Sainte Catherine Hotel. All the staff is very friendly and very attentive to all your needs. The WiFI signal was great and allowed me to work peacefully. I was there to follow the Tour de France and to ride my bicycle in the Pyrenees.

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lourdes.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Carelle
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We have just come back from St Catherine's Hotel and have to sing the praises. Where do I start. Breakfast great choice and a feast as much as you want, lots of hams, cheese yohguts as well as croissants and bread etc. Room very clean and spotless, loads of hot water, great shower, towels changed daily. Bed good and comfortable.

Manager at hotel fantastic, warm, friendly, kind and very helpful. All staff really nice and polite. Value of money for the stay was really excellent for the price you pay. Defintely a winner. Booked for 6 nights stayed for 12 in the end. Thank you. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Relaxing, quiet, comfortable hotel. Quite a basic breakfast but good value. Staff at reception very helpful. Room clean & good size. Good base for seeing all in Lourdes.

Tip Taxi at airport on Sunday they wanted circa Euro 50 do share as we did with other passengers on flight !!!. euro 30 back on weekday we shared with same group again.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Fontenay aux Roses - Paris
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Very Kind Staff.
The chef prepared a special meal for my wife who wasn't very well one night (and it was not expensive).
We stayed there for five night and we really very much enjoyed our stay.
The beds were excellent and the breakfast good value!
I also enjoyed the large shower in which one feels at ease. (especialy if you are a large person)
Decoration is a bit old fashion although...
But the hotel is well situated in a quite area in front of a hudge free car park.
The hotel is at a walking distance (less than ten minutes) from the sanctuary and city centre. I personaly took my car to do to the sanctuary because my wife wasn't in a state to walk much. And we used a tourist pass to move arround (with a little train) and visit the city.
One should not miss the castle which is most interesting and if you do so on a sunny day you can you'll then enjoy a superb view over the city in its garden.
My recomendation is to stay there at least three days with all there is to do in the city.
We shall go back.
This is the best value hotel I have been to for a very long time!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Where do I even begin... My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Sainte Catherine - for one night and one night only as we moved to the Majestic (less money and only 2 stars - but a Huge upgrade in comparison)

On first appearance we were pleased with the Sainte Catherine - it had a nice lobby and the woman at the front was really nice and it was within walking distance to the Grotto. This is where the positives end. Instead of going up the grand staircase we were lead back past the restaurant (mind you I am playing high and loose with the term restaurant) into a dark, dingy hall with our room and one other. Our room was closer to a dorm room than what one would expect in a 3-star. The room from Vacancy was more appealing (quite frankly I was afraid we were walking into a similar situation here - haha) Maybe they were in the midst of renovation as the bathroom seemed newer than the rest.

The mattress was 30 years old if it was a day. Upon sitting on the bed I sank to the floor. You could feel every spring as they dug into your back. Each time my husband or I moved the other was jostled as well. The icing on the cake was finding what we think may have been bedbugs...shudder. Here we were thinking we would get a nice quiet night of sleep being in Lourdes and all. HA!

Our room apparently had an alley right outside the window. After finally drifting to sleep inspite of the ruckus outside and an incessantly barking dog that seemed to be coming from above us we were awaken at 3AM as a military unit decided to have a roll call outside our window - seriously 3AM. We managed to get back to sleep after that, but not for long. At around 4:30 AM 2 cats began mating (read:screaming) in the alley outside our window. I t was obnoxoiusly loud. Had I not been too tired to move I would have gotten my camera to record the awful racket, but part of me was thinking it was some kind of nightmare (which my husband confirmed was not the case as his eardrums were on the verge of rupturing as well. This continued for an hour. Then we heard a man swearing in French(presumably at the cats) come into the alley where he proceeded to CLUB THE CATS TO DEATH. All as we lay horrified on our bed not speaking.

It was the worst experience I have ever had to date in a hotel. (Mind you I once stayed at a place where I found a pair of mens dirty underwear - skidmarks and all in the nightstand) We got the heck out of there and stayed at the Majestic by chance which was nicer, cleaner, cheaper by 15 Euros and quieter.

However, I will say we had a long laugh the next day and many since as we've relayed our adventure to family and friends.

• Liked — the lady at the front desk was very nice - other than that it was a hot mess
  • Disliked — Everything else - mainly hearing 2 cats being clubbed to death outside our window at 5AM
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kmw819

Travellers are raving about these Lourdes hotels