“Food of the gods...”

Restaurant Lung TA
Ranked #3 of 117 Restaurants in Lourdes
Cuisines: Asian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Food of the gods...”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lung Ta was so good that we had to go twice in the same week
Le restaurant Lung Ta est si bonne nous visitons le restaurant deux fois dans le meme semaine.

We went in with friends (that live in Lourdes) and they gave it a good recommendation.
Le restaurant etait recommendee par nos amis (les Lourdaises).

The food is superb, we are vegetarian and had a great meal in a relaxed atmosphere.
Le nouriture est super, nous sommes vegetarien, l'ambience du restaurant est relaxee.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank MecAnglais

Reading, United Kingdom
“Himalayan food in the Pyrenees.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was a real serendipitous find. Situated opposite to the entrance of the Peyramale car park I found it one evening when I was on my way to McDonalds. Expected it to be some kind of Chinese or Nepalese fare but was finally introduced to Tibetian cuisine. The decor is full of Tibetian and Dalai Lama Buddhist influenced. One corner had a small library of books about Tibet, Buddhism and philosophy. There was also a nice pictorial book about Tibet that the kids were able to flick through while dinner was being made right in front of us in the open kitchen.
My daughter who is a big fan of noodle soup had Then Thuk which is pulled noodles with vegetables and chicken in a warm broth perfect for the winter mountain air we were in. We also had fried noodles with meat and vegetables and mixed fried rice for the kids who were not very adventurous. I had a Shab tra that had stir fried beef tossed with vegetables and a bowl of rice. This was the Lung ta house version. All the dishes had common European vegetables that you can find in the supermarket instead of what you would find in Tibet. I imagine that they would be hard to find and also helps keep the cost down. The owner also gave us a speciality sauce that was made of red bean and chilli that was really hot. At the end I had the famous Tibetian tea that is made of chai, milk, butter and salt instead of sugar. I had seen Michael Palin having a go at this in his Himalaya series and wanted to taste it. The owner warned me that it will be difficult and it was. I probably would have finished it if was sugary. It was quite heavy going and half way down the heavy butter and excessive salt made me give up. I was able to share the copious amount of Jasmine tea that my wife had fortunately ordered to digest my heavy meal. Suffice to say that the quantites were great and price was realatively cheap. I will surely return if only for the fried rice. Can recommend as something different to eat at in Lourdes.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank pollyboy
Plaisance-du-Touch, France
“Très agréable, et une autre chose que le standard! ”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I expected nothing as i thought this might be similar to Chinese food. So i was absolutely surprised by the difference, and what a good difference it is! I would always come back to this restaurant if i am again here in Lourdes!

1 Thank Anderas