“Clean friendly hotel”

Hotel Saint-Georges
Ranked #26 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I found this hotel to be very clean, the staff were friendly. The lady on receiption spoke English and was very helpful. The hotel is down by the river where it is much quieter. We preferred this to the busy shops, It was only about a 10 minute walk to the centre. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel we went to a cafe instead, which we thought was better value, and more choice. We had our evening meal in the hotel one night and it was really nice. I went with my friend who was sick. When we walked into lourdes we didnt have a clue where to go or how to get into the healing waters. A very kind lady in a white uniform(which looked like a nurses uniform) came for a cup of coffee with us and explained what to do and where to go during our stay and how to go to the healing waters. She was a volounteer who was there to help people. She was very helpful to my friend and I.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank suzycleveland

Reviewed 15 September 2010

This is our third stay at Saint-Georges hotel. We find the location great and the hotel is excellent in terms of cleanliness and service, hence our return. However, on this occasion my husband had an accident on this visit and ended up in Tolouse hospital with a nasty neck injury and had surgery which was an awful experience. The staff at the hotel were lovely, in particular Christina the owner/manager was wonderful with myself and really looked after us as well as speaking to hospital staff on my behalf. Nothing was too much trouble for Christina and very are very grateful for her kindness. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to all. THANK YOU X

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RuncornSharon
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My sister and I stayed here as part of a package pilgrimage. The staff were very helpful, our room was commodious with good facilities including a bath, though as usual in continental hotels there were no tea or coffee making facilities (we took our own). Our room was on the fifth floor at the front, overlooking the river Gave, with a view of the snow-capped Pyrenees, truly a room with a view.
The hotel is situated about 10 minutes level walk from the domain, which is just about right. Hotels nearer tend to be on extremely busy streets.
One drawback was the food. Breakfast was simple continental (which was fine), but on 3 out of 4 nights we were given turkey for dinner. I don't want to eat turkey again for a long time!
I booked the hotel through a tour group, and full board was the only package available, but bed and breakfast might be better.
Overall, though, we had a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2010
4  Thank Hakluyt
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I took a group of 8 disabled pilgrims and 15 other helpers plus 2 drivers for the Jumbulance that we travelled on (26 of us in all) and this was the first time that we had stayed at the St. Georges. I wouldn't have any hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone. Christine (the owner) and all her staff were friendly and polite, the food was superb in the hotel and the packed lunches which were prepared for our days out were of excellent quality. The help given by Christine when one of our disabled pilgrims had to be taken to hospital was really far more than we could have expected - going so far as to following the ambulance to the hospital and staying there until gone 11 o'clock at night to translate for us. The rooms were very comfortable and all the staff made us very welcome and even though we had several of our group with various dietary requirements, nothing was too much bother for them. I'm looking forward to my next stay in this wonderful, family-run, hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank dec.turner
Reviewed 16 September 2008

Everything you want from a hotel in Lourdes. Clean, comfortable, close by to the Sanctuaries etc. A good flat walk to everywhere. It's basic as per the usual hotels in Lourdes but this is above average. Really good food. Christine is the owner - excellent host. Her husband is the Chef. And she's ably assisted by her staff, Priscilla and George on reception and bar!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank BANTAM67
Reviewed 6 August 2007

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel at least 5 times the rooms are really comfortable good views over the river Gave and the pyrenees,
The hotel is family owned, Christine is an excellent host ,good food, excellent bar service especially in the evening when George the night barman is on duty ,friendly atmosphere, quiet location yet still handy for the attractions

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Banjorob
Reviewed 13 June 2006

We returned to the UK on June 9th.following a 4 night stay at the St. Georges. It was far enough away from the razzamatazz of the grotto area, especially the shops, to be peaceful and quiet. The food was excellent; 3 course lunches and 4 course dinners. Lots of variety, very well presented food, tasty and satisfying. We ate no snacks outside the hotel at all. Breakfast was also good - typically continental and the white bread was delicious. We had no problem with service at all; indeed we had a problem with a leaky toilet which was attended to very speedily by the owner's husband. The rooms are adequate, albeit the bathroom walls especially, are a bit thin. I have stayed in far more expensive hotels and eaten less well and received less attention than at the St. Georges. Our thanks to them for making our stay such a good one.

• Stayed: June 2006