“very good”
Review of Hotel La Solitude

Hotel La Solitude
Ranked #2 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The style of room I requested was supplied perfectly, some times when you are a solo traveller you, get a 'cubbyhole' of a room, but mine was excellent. If I had to make a criticism, it would be for a slightly more varied menu in the brassiere, all of the restaurants in Lourdes serve the same food and the this hotel was the same, but you don't go to Lourdes for the food so its not really that important. Well done La Solitude

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are sunny in the morning. Ask for the sort of room you want, balcony, view et...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Jo G
Sophie L, Directeur général at Hotel La Solitude, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Jo,
It's nice for us to offer you a such wonderful experience and all the Staff will be very happy to share this nice time with you. We hope you will have the pleasure to welcome you very soon. Thank you for sharing this moment. Best regards. Fançois. Manager.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Having stayed in La Solitude annually for the past 20+ years, I knew it would be it would be excellant. This year however, we stayed as a family, several of whom had never been to Lourdes before. My sister is severely disabled and needed a fully adapted room. I emailed the hotel weeks before requesting a disabled room plus one of their hospital type electric beds..for which incidently there was no extra cost.
On our arrival, our rooms were ready, spotless as usual! The electric bed worked very well and was also fitted with a "monkey" pole. Our siblings were next door which enabled us to help each other. The bathroom with all its grab rails worked very well. All the staff were friendly, professional and helpful as usual. If we were unable to have these facilities, my sister would have to be cared for in the Accueil, which she would not have wanted. We all had a great time !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor and on the south side for a quieter night
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Kathy M

Dear Kathy,
I join all my staff to thank you for sharing your nice trip to Lourdes. Your fidelity is our satisfaction. See you next year. All my best. François. Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hotel la Solitude professes to be a four star hotel and it is a very busy establishment of 293 rooms close to the Sanctuary which of course is of great benefit to many and is a big selling point of the hotel. The reception area is impressive and the staff there are efficient, helpful and multilingual. The bar is pleasant with good friendly staff but for some reason French beer or lager is not served. Rooms are clean with a good TV service and free wi fi but essentially basic with no frills eg. no fridge and basic cheap toileteries. Access to parking is difficult and not for the faint hearted. The five lifts are totally inadequate at peak usage times. Room evacuation is officially 1200hrs but this seems to be a variable at the whim of the hotel or tour operator, or both - our room keys were deactivated at 1000hrs. Breakfast is adequate, packed lunches all right but lunch and dinner is mass catering at its worst - a sad reflection on a nation that prides itself on its cuisine. Lack of imagination, little attention to detail and an absence of local fresh produce is a hallmark of the food in this hotel. In summary - Reception 4*, Bar 3*, Rooms 2* and food 1*. Despite all of the above we loved our sojourn in this charming part of south west France.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank DCHPORTVENDRES
Sophie L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel La Solitude, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest
Thanks for sharing your complete experience. Your feed back is important for the improvement of the hotel. You write some information which help us to correct. See you soon. Best regards.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well this is the second time that I have stayed in this hotel,and I have to say that the service is still as excellent as it was the first time I had the pleasure of staying there. Again nothing was to much trouble and the staff were excellent. I was thoroughly spoilt,having a table looking over the river Gave and beautifully cooked meals. ( big thanks to the two chefs)

My room was always cleaned every day,towels were changed every day and the hardworking staff that did that for me were always polite and kind.

I would like to extend my warm thanks to Claudine who was so kind in making sure that I had everything I required,Lilianna once again with a smile on her face everyday serving me my meals.Nothing was too much trouble for her and she carried out her duties with professionalism and kindness not only to myself but everyone else in the dining room. Thanks also to Monique who waited on me it was a pleasure to meet her.

All of the staff at La Solitude are excellent and very helpful and deserve high praise indeed.
I shall always come back to La Solitude because for me it makes my pilgrimage to Lourdes even more special.

So to the Hotel Manager Thank you for providing wonderful hard working staff.

The hotel itself is very close to the grotto and it makes for easy access to various other places .

I highly recommend this hotel

Once again thank you all for making my stay in Lourdes wonderful.

Kind regards Mrs Maggie Thomas.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Margaret T
Sophie L, Directeur général at Hotel La Solitude, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Margaret, we appreciate you share your experience with other travellers. I will also share with my staff your nice feed back. It woud be a pleasure to see you very soon. All my best. François.Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Ive been to Lourdes four times and I have stayed in Lourdes three times. The hotel has been around for a while but the rooms are always clean and it spacious for two people. Loved the view to River Gaves and its close proximity to the Sanctuary and cosy cafes around. During my recent trip, the receptionists were very patient and helpful. Our heater broke down on two nights and they were quite good in finding solutions. Everytime, I think of Lourdes, I think of Hotel La Solitude. Its great how they have made many small improvements to the hotel for those who have difficulty with mobility. One thing I hope the management will consider, the mattress I slept on was alittle old and uncomfortable. Hopefully, they will consider this and continue to make more improvements as people of all ages visit Lourdes.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PetitLinda
Sophie L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel La Solitude, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Linda
First of all thank you for your fidelity. The Prestige room with balcony is one of our best rooms, so we are glad you really appreciate its comfort and quiet atmosphere. Hope you add your comment about the mattress on the survey in your room that will help us to give some priority for the annual replacement. All our best and see you next year. Best regards.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My 3rd time to stay in the Solitude & it has improved. It was renovated about 2 or 3 years ago so I was told at the reception desk. Everything about it is lovely & the proximity to the Grotto is great as I was working as a volunteer in the Accueil Notre Dame. Meals were served by a lovely chap named Luk. Did not get a chance to use the pool but will return another time.

Room Tip: Do not have a room near the bridge as the youth met up & sang songs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DenDublin_Ireland

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feeling after your first stay with us. Next time, hope you will take time to go on the roof top and appreciate the panoramic view and terraces nearby the swimming pool. See you soon. Sincerely.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Myself and my wife Bernadette have been going to Hotel La Solitude since 2005 bringing groups ranging from 40 -50 to 82 in the year 2008 and have always been met by very friendly staff. No matter what request we make it is always looked after very quickly and without fuss. The rooms are all air conditioned , very clean and spacious and offer some great views of the river Gave and surrounding areas. The food is excellent and i do like the introduction of self service at lunch .We have'nt tried room service yet simply because we get well fed at lunch and dinner time but I do intend to try it next year please God. Staying in La Solitude helps make our stay in Lourdes a very pleasent experience which we need as it recharges our batteries to meet the demands of our group, well done Francois, looking forward to next September already.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Ed B

Dear Ed, it's always a pleasure to meet you and all your group during your pilgrimage. You know how the staff will be glad to share with me your review about the accomodation and services. We are very proud to make your stay so comfortable. All my best and see you very soon. François.