“a welcoming feeling from day 1”
Review of Hotel Paradis

Hotel Paradis
Ranked #9 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 13 August 2009

very clean through out and all the staff very friendly and helpful,very well mannered and polite,would definetly return and am looking forward to it

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed here in August 2007 as part of large group on Pilgrimage. The room we had was on the 4th floor. There was three of us in the room and the room was very large. Could sleep five!
The view was not very good since we were near the back but we were not there to sit and look out the window.
The food was nice, there were lots of it and you could choose whether you have all the courses on offer or not. Breakfast was a bit of let down - ok if you like crossiants - but i don't. But at the rest of the meal times there was lots of choice.
At meals times, everyone is in the dinning room at the same time - lots of chatter in different languages. The staff will be there rushing about about but they will stop and help with any problems.
There are lots of different sitting rooms within the hotel were you can sit and relax with friends and other pilgrims.
The hotel is situated in the centre of Lourdes and is only 5 minutes walk from the Domain and the shops.

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank lou478
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at The Hotel Paradis September 2nd for 5 nights as a member of The Kerry Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes. The hotel was very busy with Pilgrims and I must say the Owners, Management and staff did an excellent job.
Our meals were very good - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff in the dining room would bend over backwards to accomodate the guests.
M. Ronny and his staff in the bar were efficient and so good humoured. The reception team were courteous and so helpful.
My room was serviced every day to a high stanmdard of cleaness.
My congratulations to Mr and Mrs Cassin and their team for the wonderful welcome we received and for making my visit to Lourdes so pleasant. I always felt I was seen as an individual not a number.
I shall return soon and will be very happy to stay in Tyhe Paradis Hotel. Many thanks to all the nice people who work inth Hotel Paradis
Pauline McSweeney

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Have just returned from staying in this hotel and found the staff the food very good.The room was very clean and maid service every day was very good,the managress in the hotel was excellent and went around every table to ask was everything all right so i must say this was a lovely friendly hotel and a good location Annie

3  Thank anniedrogheda
Reviewed 24 August 2007

Our stay at the Hotel Paradis Lourdes France was absolutely lovely. Haxing read a really poor review of this hotel just prior to our departure, it was with some trepidation we arrived at our destination. How pleasantly surprised we were to find the hotel was perfect in every way. It was so nice to spend our time indoors in such pleasant surroundings with staff that could not have been more helpful. The food was delicious and the service excellent and having stayed at various hotels in Lourdes in the past I can honestly say this is by far the best. I would recommend the Paradis to anyone.

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank annemarieLiverpool
Reviewed 14 August 2007

My mother and I have just stayed at the Paradis over the weekend and I thought I would post an honest review for other Lourdes Pilgrims and travellers to the Pyrenees.

First of all I would like to say that the Paradis is probably as good as it is going to get in Lourdes. I have travelled pretty extensively and I have to say that the accomodation that we have stayed in whilst visiting France has always been substandard compared to what you get for the same amount of money in the United States or Africa for example.

The lobby and downstairs area of the Paradis is lovely and spacious. Great if you want a chat in the evening with other pilgrims. The bedrooms are not great. It is seriously like being in two completely different hotels. We stayed on the 6th floor. The bedrooms are small, poky, un-airconitioned and VERY basic. Bedding and furnishments have been well used. Our carpet smelled dirty, like old urine - DO NOT WALK AROUND BAREFOOT! The bathroom is adequate, although the bath/shower was very slippy (a real hazard) and our shower was not working to an acceptable standard, the head kept drooping meaning you couldn't stand under it and the wall was getting showered. Then all of a sudden it started whizzing around like a sprinkler and I got shoved across the back of the shower and the entire bathroom ended up flooded. We did, however, report it to the staff who were very nice about it and fixed it within 6 hours. The reviewer who said the bedrooms were of an Ibis standard were absolutely right. But I would never stay more than one night in an Ibis at only then at a push. The downstairs I would say is of a good 3 star standard, bedrooms definitely tourist class 2 star - no luxury! Lighting is poor and there are no tea/coffee making facilities in room. Tiny TV (which we didn't watch as we were too busy/exhausted on our pilgrimage). No hairdryer and international adaptor couldn't be used because they had used a sunken fitting, possibly to save on electricity. The walls were thin and there was a large - VERY noisy - Italian party in who kept us awake most of our last night. You can hear doors slamming and people talking all night and bathroom activity on either side of you.

One of the things I found very difficult about the Paradis and every other hotel I have stayed in in France is that the level of cleanliness in the bedrooms is just not acceptable to me. My mother and I have bad health which means we had to come back to the hotel to lie down in the afternoon for a few hours. By the time we left the hotel we felt like asthmatics - we could barely breathe because of the amount of dust/dust mites and bed bugs in the room combined with the stuffiness due to lack of air conditioning. There was a stain on the bathroom wall which looked like faeces. As I have mentioned the carpet seemed really dirty and DON'T look under the beds. I found an ant in my bed. The maids are lovely to talk to, very kind and polite. But apart from making the beds and emptying bins - I really don't think the rooms are sufficiently or thoroughly cleaned enough. The first time I slept in the bed - I woke up with my hair smelling disgusting. The rooms are very lived-in. I felt our room and the upstairs hallways were dirty. But as I have said, this is how we've found it all over France so I doubt a different hotel would have made much difference.

The food. We didn't really like it. They feed you plenty but you don't really get a choice in what you get apart from what they give you. You either eat it or you don't. I'm sure if you ask in advance they would do a different menu for you but you don't know what you are going to get until an hour at most before meal times. The food is based around the french diet. A roll and croissant for breakfast with cornflakes and horrible orange juice if you wish. Lunch and dinner are three/four course meals with a bread basket at every meal. On our first day it was melon, roast lamb (which I didn't like too much rosemary) with veg and horrible potatoes (too much garlic) and a nice little raspberry cake for lunch. Dinner was tuna sald (which was nice), roast pork (which we didn't eat as we don't eat pork) and a dessert. Next day we decided to give lunch a miss and buy something at a cafe as we wanted to choose what we had - we ate at the Little Flower near the domaine - we highly recommend it! The main course at dinner was chicken , veg and tater tots and a banana for desert (which made us laugh). This was the best meal, and whatever we didn't want to eat we just didn't. Next day we ate luch out again as it was seafood cocktail and pork again, and we don't eat either. We ate at the nearest cafe - Idon't recommend it food was ok but ridiculously priced and not that great either. Dinner was minestrone soup (nice) and a turkey/ ham/egg/cheese salad (not great but edible) and ice cream. Next day (our last day), I was really ill. Thought I wouldn't be well enough to fly home, and I think I had food poisoning. Mum wasn't too well either but it could have been from the cafe and not the Paradis. I really hated the food! And I'm not a fussy eater.

On the plus side, the staff could not be nicer. So polite and friendly and most of them multi-lingual. Don't believe what you may hear about French people being rude and unhelpful to tourists - they were lovely. My only complaint would be that the maids left our bedroom window wide open. Our last stay people had stuff stolen from their rooms after thieves got in through a bedroom window. There are thieves in Lourdes so don't leave valuables and passports in your rooms. Location was good but if you have a wheelchair there is a bit of a hill which invalids may struggle with when on your way to the domaine. And watch out for cars on your way to the domaine.

On the whole, at a push I would stay at the Paradis again. I am going to try the Mediterrane next time as it was recommended by family who stayed there and had previously stayed at the Paradis. Don't expect much accomodation wise from Lourdes. You go to make a pilgrimage and it is worth a little bit of roughing it for the sake of all you gain. Make the most of the spirtual side. I believe the Paradis is being upgraded to a 4 star. Its not a four star. So don't be disappointed. I think your experience of the Paradis depends on how well you have travelled and how nice the hotels you have stayed in previously have been. There are beautiful places I have stayed who have an equal rating as the Paradis on trip advisor and I absolutely don't agree with this but the people who have gave the Paradis four stars haven't stayed in some of the much superior accomodation on trip advisor which is getting four stars as well - if they could give those ten stars they probably would! So, keep an open mind. As I say, the Paradis is as good as it gets accomodation-wise in Lourdes.

Aquarian_Dreamer

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Aquarian_Dreamer
Reviewed 5 June 2005

we did not stay at the paradis but went there at night for a drink,the owner
who is named ronny is one of the best hosts in lourdes,he makes you
welcome even though you may not be staying in the paradis,he is a very
funny and warm man and certainly a character,although he does not suffer
fools gladly,I would reccommend you pay a visit to the paradis when in
lourdes and meet ronny and his excellent bar staff. A friendly face in a
strange country.