Hotel Paradis
Hotel Alba(Lourdes)
US$86
US$79
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe riverlarge hotelroom was spacious and cleanper dayrecommend this hotelno tea coffee making facilitiesten minute walkexcellent hotelhot waterwalking distancehotel is situatedcroissantsparadisopilgrimagegrottogroupsanctuary
Reviewed 12 January 2010

The hotel rooms look a bit like dormitories, but for the price we paid (I believe we got about SGD 70 or so per night) it was so much better than I expected!

Staff
Extremely friendly and go the extra mile to tell you about Lourdes.

Bathrooms
Excellent. Clean and good water flow.
I especially liked the fact that the toilets and the showers were separated - that way I could use the potty even when my aunt was bathing!

Location
About the only thing I could fault. If you're travelling with people with knee problems or with the disabled, this might not be such a good choice as it is located down a moderately steep slope. It's not unmanageable, but could be quite tiring. Hotel Mercure is on top of this slope.
It is otherwise within reasonable walking distance (about 10min) of the Grotto.

Caveats
This hotel is extremely basic, about all that's provided in terms of amenities are towels, a bar of soap, some shampoo and a hair dryer. There isn't any tea or kettle etc.
The room decor isn't a pretty sight either, but the beds are comfortable!

Tip: Do not buy groceries from the convenience store behind the hotel unless u absolutely have to. They charge an arm and a leg for water!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I have just returned from a 4 day stay at the Paradis with my mum (70) and my son (13).

I wanted to write how fantastic the staff in the hotel were. In particular Katherine, an Irish Lady, who was busy rushing around the hotel, whether it was the reception desk, the shop or the restaurant, nothing was ever too much trouble for her and she was adorable. There were not many children in the hotel but Katherine made sure that my son had a special delivery of ice-cream for evening meal - very thoughful.

The hotel has a very friendly feel about it, the large reception/bar area was great for meeting other guests.

The food was enjoyed by everyone - I'm probably too fussy but it was OK for me too.

The rooms were large and very clean.

The location was perfect as it was only a leisurely 5 minute walk to the Grotto etc.

I would recommend this hotel and would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Angie_R
Reviewed 13 August 2009

very clean through out and all the staff very friendly and helpful,very well mannered and polite,would definetly return and am looking forward to it

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed here in August 2007 as part of large group on Pilgrimage. The room we had was on the 4th floor. There was three of us in the room and the room was very large. Could sleep five!
The view was not very good since we were near the back but we were not there to sit and look out the window.
The food was nice, there were lots of it and you could choose whether you have all the courses on offer or not. Breakfast was a bit of let down - ok if you like crossiants - but i don't. But at the rest of the meal times there was lots of choice.
At meals times, everyone is in the dinning room at the same time - lots of chatter in different languages. The staff will be there rushing about about but they will stop and help with any problems.
There are lots of different sitting rooms within the hotel were you can sit and relax with friends and other pilgrims.
The hotel is situated in the centre of Lourdes and is only 5 minutes walk from the Domain and the shops.

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank lou478
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at The Hotel Paradis September 2nd for 5 nights as a member of The Kerry Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes. The hotel was very busy with Pilgrims and I must say the Owners, Management and staff did an excellent job.
Our meals were very good - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff in the dining room would bend over backwards to accomodate the guests.
M. Ronny and his staff in the bar were efficient and so good humoured. The reception team were courteous and so helpful.
My room was serviced every day to a high stanmdard of cleaness.
My congratulations to Mr and Mrs Cassin and their team for the wonderful welcome we received and for making my visit to Lourdes so pleasant. I always felt I was seen as an individual not a number.
I shall return soon and will be very happy to stay in Tyhe Paradis Hotel. Many thanks to all the nice people who work inth Hotel Paradis
Pauline McSweeney

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)