Best Western is not always a "come-buy-me" title but this hotel is a star turn. We'd previously stayed at a B-W place outside Uzes and had spotted the Beau Site in the free booklet in each bedroom. As we wanted to visit and possibly stay at Rocamadour, this was the obvious place; we arrived without booking and were given a choice of 3 rooms in the two buildings by a really professional, charming receptionist called Ariadne. The old building has an amazing entrance hall, much photographed by passers- by; the room we were shown had plenty of ambience and was tempting (149 euros). We were also shown 2 in the converted building across the street ,almost overhanging the valley far below. We finally decided on an enormous room at a special rate-with breakfast thrown in- (it was October) with a vast bathroom . (160 euros)
This was one of the best rooms we have stayed in; huge bed, good bedlinen, two large armchairs, desk etc. and enough space to have a party! Ditto the bathroom, with large walk-about shower plus a Jacuzzi bath . Lovely views from the long windows. No tea-tray or waters but nice toiletries and big towels.
We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs, again this had good views. "Professional " staff; 3 differently-priced menus, all interesting items, we would definitely recommend eating here. Breakfast the next morning was amazing; fresh fruits, meats, cheeses, kedgeree, lots of different breads and pastries .
We can thoroughly recommend this hotel and restaurant; it is in the centre of Rocamadour , which is pedestrianized except for residents of hotels etc., so one can park in the private car-park. We enjoyed Rocamadour , with its amazing architecture on the top of enormous cliffs, interesting shops, pilgrimage sites etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star BEAU SITE "Hotel with charm and character" recently renovated, stands in the centre of the medieval village providing the guaranteed comfort you expect from the Best Western group along with personal touch only a family-run establishment can offer. Individually decorated bedrooms, with air-conditioning, satellite TV, wifi and safe.Bar, restaurant, terrace overlooking the valley private car park and garage, and a swimming pool (1 km) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beau Site Notre Dame reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beau Site Notre Dame Hotel Rocamadour
- Best Western Rocamadour
- Best Western Hotel Rocamadour
- Rocamadour Best Western